Chapter 20: Confession

*Sarah's POV*

That was it. I was going to tell Aaron about my feelings now. I better do it now before any other girls could take him away from me because I loved him and I wouldn't be able to see him going away from me. I knew he had some feelings for me. I saw them in his eyes when he kissed me. And the way he held me, said those sweet words and cared for me made my heart flutter. I needed to tell him soon, but how? After everything that had happened the other day, I knew he had been a bit upset with me but I couldn't help it. That bitch kept on clinging to him and my anger kept on increasing. But whatever it is, I needed to plan something. Without losing time, I called Lyla to ask her for an idea.

"Okay, I'll do that. Thanks Ly! I'll call you later." I said it over the phone and hung up. Yes, I've got it. I immediately searched for the best restaurant in the area. I quickly dialed the number and made a reservation for tomorrow, which was Saturday, for brunch, and told them about the arrangements they had to make for me. Thankfully, they agreed.
Now I've got to figure out the perfect dress to wear. Actually, I wanted to twin with Aaron but he looked the best in black. So should I go for a black dress as well? But first, let me message him so he knows and doesn't make any plans.

S: 'Hey! What's your plan for tomorrow?'

I sent the message while I went into my walk-in closet to start looking for my dress.

A: 'Haven't planned anything yet. Why?'

Damn so straight-forward. I guess he was still disappointed.

S: 'I was wondering if you will go to a brunch with me tomorrow?'

I sent it nervously. I was hoping he would agree.

A: 'Sure, I will. But how come all of a sudden?'

Yess! He agreed!

S: 'Just like that. It has been a long time. My treat though.'

A: 'Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow.'

S: 'Yeah, sure. Wear black! I'll text you the address in the morning.'

A: 'Ookay! Goodnight💖'

I set my phone aside and started looking into my closet. I was so happy he agreed to come. Tomorrow, mom and dad wouldn't even be at home so it would be easy for me to sneak out. I found the perfect dress and a matching pair of shoes too. After deciding what to wear, I went to bed and was excited for tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

The morning came and I woke up early. I couldn't sleep properly at night because I was very nervous. I took a bath and did my makeup. I texted Aaron to meet me at 11 a.m. at the restaurant. Now it was 9 a.m., so I had enough time to get ready. I would leave at 10, as it would take me around 45 minutes to reach there. I preferred to reach there a little earlier to check on the arrangements before Aaron would come. I was curling my hair while mentally preparing what I was going to say to him when I confessed to him. But nothing was coming up. I shook my head as my thoughts started to make me feel more nervous. I put on my dress and my black stilettoes, grabbed a black clutch purse and headed outside. Okay, let's do this!

I'd arrived at the restaurant about 10 minutes earlier. I went inside to check on my reservation. Everything has been well arranged in a very beautiful and romantic way. Our table was apart from the others and there were petals of roses surrounding the table, accompanying the roses themselves on the table, with an amazing view of the sea. PERFECT! I love it.
I texted Aaron that I'd already reached and to search for me in the lobby. As soon as I sent the text, he appeared in the lobby. "DAMN, HE'S HOT!" He was looking absolutely breathtaking. He was wearing all black: black jeans with a black long-sleeved t-shirt, black shoes, and not to forget his black shades.

(Aaron's outfit)

He smiled when he saw me and came towards me, trailing his eyes from head to toe. I didn't mind because I was doing the same as well. He came and kissed my cheeks, like he usually did. "Looking way too gorgeous!" I blushed hard at his compliment.
"I say the same about you as well." I said to him giggling and he rose his eyebrows.
"Come, let's go." I said while taking his hand in mine, leading him to the table. His hand felt great in mine. I wanted to feel that feeling.

"Wow, what's all these?" He asked surprisingly with all the decors.
"SURPRISE!" I exclaimed happily.
"But for what Sarah?" He said trying to figure out what was going on.
"Stop thinking so much. It's just been a long time so I thought that we could spend some times together."
"But we meet everyday Sarah" he said while taking a seat.
"Yeah but this one is something special." He narrowed his eyes at me like asking me why was it special but I just smiled at him. Just then the waiter came and placed our foods in front of us.
"I have already ordered for us. I hope you won't mind" I said nervously. He looked at me strangely but didn't say anything. I know what he was thinking but I wanted everything to be perfect. We ate our food and talked a little bit about work and random things. My nervousness started to creep in again and I didn't even know how to start this conversation with him.
"You liked the food?" I asked him, trying to start a conversation.
"Yeah it was delicious." He replied with a nod then took a sip of his champagne and looked the other way at the sea.
"Aaron, I've have something to tell you." I said nervously but he only hummed, still looking at the sea.
"I wanted to tell you the reason why I acted that way the other day at the café." I said and he immediately drawn his attention to me, but his gaze made me feel more nervous. 'Com'on Sarah. You can do it. Just say it.'

I took one rose that was on the table and got up from my seat and went next to him. He was looking at me intently like he was trying to know what I was doing. I know he must be confused but I had to do this. I kneeled down next to him and said,
"I know how I reacted was stupid but I can't see you with another girl. It makes me jealous. But now realizing why I reacted this way can only be justify as this. I LOVE YOU AARON. My feelings for you have deepened so much that I feel so afraid to lose you. I don't expect you to say it to me now because I know it came all of a sudden to you but I'll wait.. for you."
I looked up when I didn't hear anything. His face became pale and was in shocked. 'I think I shouldn't have done that.' But why was he not saying anything.
"Please say something!" I requested him as his silence was torturing me.
He seemed to have snapped out of his daze and brought his hands, making me stand up again while he stood up as well.
"Sarah!...." he just looked at me with uncertainty in his eyes and didn't say anything further. He just hugged me and stayed silent. "We should head back." He said and I looked at him expecting to see something on his face but he had a blank emotion face and that was hurting me. He didn't say anything at all. He was about to take out his wallet to pay when I stopped him.
"That was on me. So I'll pay." I said and he didn't even protest. He just nodded and left. Watching him going away like that made me feel like tearing up but I controlled myself. I paid the bill with a tip for the arrangements and thanked the waiter before headed to my car. Getting inside the car I couldn't help but cried out. I didn't expect him to say a yes but his reaction really hurt me.
'I think I made a mistake!'

*Aaron's POV*

Driving back home I thought of what just happened at the restaurant. "GOSH! WHY SARAH? WHY YOU DID THAT?"
Everything was going great between us but why this thing had to happened now?
When Sarah said these 3 words that I hated the most, I didn't know what to do. She was looking at me with so much hope in her eyes that I couldn't even looked at them.

"I know I hurt her but I can't do that. These words have destroyed me before. And can't do the same mistake again!"