Chapter 16: Secretly

*Sarah's POV*

It has already been 3 days since we were back to normal, and Aaron was trying to do whatever he could to win my trust again. I did trust him for sure since I saw that sincerity in his eyes when he explained himself the other day. It was just that I am a bit scared if my parents find out; then what?
We've been meeting during lunch time in another café, which was a little further down the street where we worked, and Aaron insisted that it was for the better that no one noticed us, and I agreed on that. I didn't have dinner today because I ate a delicious chicken pie when I got off work. I couldn't resist myself since it was smelling so good and I was so hungry. Right now, I was in my room, on my bed. I checked my phone in case Aaron texted, but none Since we got off work today, he has been behaving a little weird. I didn't ask him anything, though. Maybe it is something private for him. God knows what he was up to.

I cannot take it anymore, so I texted him,

S: 'Where are you? Everything okay? 🥺'

I waited and waited but there was no answer. I got irritated, put my phone away from my sight and grabbed a book to distract my mind. 'But what the hell was happening?!' I just kept on staring at the first page; my mind was wandering back to Aaron. I wanted to deny that he has some big effects on me but I can't. Everything he did affected me in some way. 'What was happening to me? I couldn't go a day without him. Ughh!!'

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a big noise near my window. 'What the hell?'
I looked at the clock and it was 9 p.m. 'Is that a thief or what?' I started to panic. Mustering a little bit of courage, I went to my window seat to check out what that noise was. I carefully went near my window and saw someone in black with his hood on his head, trying to get to my room by climbing the tree next to my window. I was scared. But since I feel like a brave girl, or, let's just say, I am, I made sure I had my pepper spray next to me in case he attacked me or something. I opened my window and shouted, "Who's that". The man stopped whatever he was trying to do and looked up at me.
'AARON?'

I was shocked to see him here at this hour. I yelled at him in a low tone so that the whole house wouldn't wake up.
"What are you doing here, Aaron?" I suddenly became angry at him. What if someone had seen him coming here? Why doesn't he think of all this before doing these things?
"I came to see you. Look, I brought ice cream." He whispered back to me, showing me the bag of ice cream.
"You're so crazy. Did someone see you coming here?"
"No, I made sure of that. Now help me get to you. I'm stuck on this tree." He said and made a puppy face at me. I laughed at his cuteness. I helped him to come up quickly so that no one saw what was happening. I closed my window. I was in a ready mood to get mad at him but
"Nice room!" He said he was more interested in my room and went to look around. I rolled my eyes and started,
"Aaron, what is that? You know, this could have been dangerous for both of us. What if you got hurt or something? Don't you even think before you act? That is stupiii." He pressed his finger on my lips, stopping me from rambling.
"You surely talk too much, Sarah." He said he was looking at me amusingly.
I slapped his hand away from my mouth.
"That's not funny, Aaron." I said that and went to sit on my bed. I was mad but more worried.
He came and sat next to me.
"I know what I just did, Sarah, and I have already thought about it. But I was careful enough and I'm sure no one has seen me. I came to see you; I was missing you." He said calmly and his words melted my anger sooner than they should have.
"We met earlier." I said with a chuckle.
"I know but I wanted to see you again." He said with a big smile.
"Now Com'on here, I brought ice cream, so we better hurry up eating them before they melt." He said while getting off the bed, grabbed the bag and went to make himself comfortable on my window seat. I shook my head smilingly and went after him.
"You're crazy you know that?" I told him smilingly.
"Ohh thank you and I know that." He replied laughingly.
"What do we have in here?" I asked him while peeking into the bag and saw 2 big cup of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

" Chocolate fudge brownie and Cookie dough flavors."
I quickly grabbed the chocolate one and laughed at him. The cookie dough was vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. They both have chocolate in them, but the fudge brownie is more chocolatey and for now, I am somehow craving for it.
"I actually knew you would like the brownie one better." He said smilingly and opened his cup, and we started eating.
We both love chocolate and that is the first time I noticed something similar with us.

We talk about almost everything and laughing quietly so as no one can hear us

We talk about almost everything and laughing quietly so as no one can hear us. So, we are basically whispering all the time. We are happy together, getting to know each other more. It feels perfect at this time. I know Aaron is trying his best to gain my trust back and by doing these small, sweet acts like these, it warmed up my heart. I looked at him with a smile as he was telling me an incident he did in his childhood. He is damn cute when he laughs, like I could keep on staring at him. He is so good looking that I sometimes find myself lucky to have him in my life. Not only his exterior beauty attracted me, but his inner appealing is also as pretty as a picture. Apart from his bad deeds in the past, I can see that he is a good-hearted person.

"Sarah?" He called me and I jumped out of my thoughts. I must have been staring at him like a weirdo.
"Yeah. You said something?" I asked stupidly and looked down at my half cup ice cream.
"Yeah, I asked you that will it be okay if I take you on a second date? I really want to spend some quality time with you." He said with hope in his eyes.
"Aaron I would love to, but you know that it's really strict for me to go out now. So how will I come?" I said looking elsewhere as I couldn't see that disappointment on his face. He stayed quiet for some time, I looked at him and he seemed to be in a deep thinking while smooching his ice cream.
After a few minutes he said,
"My friend Addy is having a party on Friday night. That will be a better occasion for us to meet." He said hoping me to understand what he was trying to say but I looked at him confusingly. He wanted to take me on a second date and now he wants me to come to his friend's party. I am confused. He lets out a deep sigh and looked at me nervously.
"You can lie saying you've got a formal gathering at the office and that you have to be there." He said hesitantly.
I rose my eyebrows looking at him, surprisingly. I have never thought of something like this as an excuse, but it sounds fun.
"I mean I am just suggesting an idea, if you don't like it this way then no pressure Sarah. I understand!" He said quickly as if I was about to get mad at him. I smiled at him reassuringly that I was not.
"Okay I'm in." I said with a smile.
A huge grin spreads across his face,
"You do?" He asked as if he misheard me.
I nodded my head and laughed at his expression. He was so damn happy.
We talked for a few hours more before he called it a night. He was so excited and was looking forward for Friday night, and so was I.