Chapter 10: Broken

*Sarah's POV*

"Stop crying! We believe you." James said while Ziya was patting my head like a baby, calming me down. That was all I needed—someone to believe me. I never tried to cause any harm to Mary because I didn't even know about Aaron being a playboy.
"Don't worry about mom and dad. We'll explain everything to them." Huma said.
"Just do us a favor. Stop talking to that guy, Aaron, please." Ziya said and I looked up at her.
"We have got to know how he is, and we are afraid that he might play with you too. And you know you don't deserve that, right?"
Ziya was right. Aaron hid many things from me and I, like a fool, told him everything about me. In these days, we got to know each other. I quickly grabbed my phone and, I saw his text,

A: 'Where are you princess?'
A: 'Are they still there?'

I didn't reply to him and quickly blocked him on WhatsApp and Facebook and deleted his number as well in front of them.

"Good girl. Now go to sleep, we'll talk tomorrow." Huma said and they all left closing my door behind.

And I was left with my thoughts now. What just happened in my life today?
It was like everything just turned up downs all of a sudden. I started crying more, thinking of what had happened and all these blames and accusations when I didn't do anything wrong.
I kept on crying till I had fallen asleep.

I woke up the next morning with a bad headache and puffy eyes. I didn't realize when I fell asleep, I just remembered crying continuously. And now remembering all those talks and accusations from yesterday made my eyes teared up again. I laid back on my bed not wanting to wake up and face my mom when I knew she did not want to see my face at this moment. God! How am I going to go through this day today? I can't even go out otherwise they will think that I'm going to meet Aaron. How am I going to distract me from all these? If I was guilty, then I would have been worried but when I knew that I didn't do anything wrong, neither with Aaron nor to Mary's marriage, so I'm not worried at all. It was just paining a lot because my parents did not believe me. I agree that Elena is mom's elder sister, and it was right for her to listen to her but at least she should have listened to me also. This was what was hurting me the most. Without hearing my version of this problem, they already concluded in their minds that I was guilty.

A knock at my door interrupted my thoughts.
"Sarah, are you awake?" I heard Ziya asking, knocking again.
I quickly got up from the bed and opened the door.
"Yeah! I'm awake." I said to her.
She was looking at my face, I'm sure she saw those red puffy eyes.
"Were you crying again?" She asked all of a sudden.
"No, I'm fine." I quickly replied showing that I was fine.
"Yeah right. Try lying when you made sure to not show any evidence to prove your words." She said rolling her eyes at me and wiped a tear that was on my cheek. I did not realize that I was crying again when I was thinking about all these things.
"Now Com'on, let's go have breakfast." She said and tried to pull me with her, but I quickly took a step back.
"No, I'm not hungry. You go ahead." I said to her.
"Sarah, you only had dinner last night. And now it's already morning soon to be lunch. You have to eat something." She tried to convince me.
"No Zi, mom doesn't want to see me around. I better stay in my room." I said hoping she would understand.
"So? Because of that you will stay hungry all day?" She said giving me a death stare. I just lowered my head.
"I'm not hearing anything more; you're coming with me to have breakfast." With that, she pulled me along with her in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen with Ziya and saw mom was washing the dishes, which meant that everyone else already ate breakfast. I said good morning to her, but she just ignored my wish. Her face was clearly showing angriness. She finished the dishes and walked out from the kitchen, leaving me and Ziya alone. Normally mom would accompany us while eating and just talked about random things. But today, she was pissed off.
"Here! Your food is ready! Come and start eating now." Ziya's voice jerked me out of the thoughts. All this while, I didn't notice her preparing my food.
She sat with me for a while to drink her coffee and I ate my breakfast. She then left as she had to meet James, so I washed my plate and cup and headed towards my bedroom again. Now for sure I was not going to leave my room after seeing mom's reaction.

I was sitting on the window seat in my bedroom, looking into the backyard of my house. Memories of last night started replaying in my mind but this time I did not cry, I was calm. I guess all my tears had already been shed. I kept on thinking about Elena's words and blames and somehow, a kind of anger started to initiate inside of me. That was because I let her said these stupid things about me and I couldn't say anything because in some way, I respected her as a mother. But no mother would have ever said such things to her daughter.

I grabbed my phone and re read all Aaron's texts which I haven't come to delete any till now

I grabbed my phone and re read all Aaron's texts which I haven't come to delete any till now. And I was also frustrated with Aaron because he hid a lot of things about himself from me. Why? While reading his messages and remembering his talks when we were meeting, he never said to me about anyone knowing about me in his family. And my encounter with Aaron I didn't tell anyone either apart from Lyla, then how come Elena knew about us and our date?
Yeah! Now that it clicked in my mind. I wonder how Elena knew about me and Aaron.
Was she spying on us or something?

'Gosh Sarah! That's not some sort of detective action film right now. Stop these stupid thoughts.' I said to myself.
But on a serious note, how come Elena knew about all that when neither me nor Aaron said anything. Or maybe Aaron did and didn't tell me?
No no.. he would have told me for sure.

I don't know why but till now, I still got that feeling that Aaron would never do anything for me to be in trouble.
Speaking of which, I wonder how he is today. He might be upset with me not replying to his messages and even blocked him. But I'm helpless! I can't do anything right now at this moment.
I need to control myself; I can't do that.
I need to find out how did Elena know about us.
But first, I need to persuade mom and dad. I needed to make them believe me that i did not do anything intentionally or unintentionally because I didn't know what was happening with Mary either.

 I needed to make them believe me that i did not do anything intentionally or unintentionally because I didn't know what was happening with Mary either