I noticed Erica, she was going around hugging people and smiling. I doubt if she had remembered me. The man in a suit next to her I'm guessing was Wilcox. He didn't strike me as Erica's type at all, but they looked good together. Cindy came into the garage with a folder looking out of it, I guess from stressing all day. She stood in the center of the garage trying to gather everyone's attention.

"Hi, I'm Cindy Moore head assistant saleswoman at Wilcox Establishments."

    Everyone started clapping as she introduced herself, so Ally and I did too. In the midst of her talking, Eric came in late trying to sneak in standing next to Ally and me.

"Hi Eric," I said bussing him out chuckling.

"Ah hi Tiana"

"Matthew and I have been working with this company for years now trying to perfect it into everything Erica and Wilcox desire it to be. We promise our cars are in top-notch shape with some of the best mechanics working on them in Georgia. If you investors do invest in Wilcox Establishments you won't regret it, thank you." Everyone clapped as she ended her little speech going over to converse with investors for a minute before the meeting continued.

    I took the opportunity to go over and speak with Erica hopefully having the chance to thank her for everything she didn't even know she had done for me. She stood typing away on her phone as I approached her. She looked up giving me a warm smile already figuring out who I was. She came over to me grabbing my hands gently.

"Is it Brittany or Tiana today?" She asked in a jokingly manner.

I had totally forgotten about that.

"Oh, right I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be, you were just being cautious I understand." She smiled.

"I'm so glad you decided to show up here. How's it been so far? Matthew treating you right?" Investors beside her looked confused as ever as she continued talking to me stepping over to the side so no one could hear our conversation.

"Yes actually, I'm surprised you remember me."

"Of course I remember you, that sweet yet secretly fierce personality of yours."

"I really do apologize for the way I acted towards you," I said putting my head down.

"It's okay Tiana, really."

A man came to her side handing her a glass of champagne.

"Oh, Tiana this is my husband Wilcox."

He gave me a warm smile sipping from his glass.

"Nice to meet you I do try to get to know all of my employees, but it's hard with so much traveling we do."

"Especially with various dealerships all over." Erica concluded.

I nodded not really knowing what to say.

"Well thank you for the job."

Erica only smiled.

"Anytime and remember Tiana not all strangers have bad intentions sometimes they can be the best of people if you just...let them in." She turned her attention back towards the investors and Wilcox.

    I stood standing in my thoughts scanning the garage for Ally. I looked over at Owen unintentionally as he stood with a rag wiping his hands staring at me. He ushered for me to come over to him with his hand. Like a sprung silly girl, I walked over smiling. He moved away from Andre and the other mechanics walking closer to me until we were inches apart.

"What?" I asked in a snarky playful voice.

He didn't reply, only looking into my eyes as if I had some sort of trance over him.

"Let me take you out for lunch today."

"You're always trying to feed me."

"Nothin' wrong with puttin' a lil meat on them bones. I'm trynna lookout for you."

His smirk was something deadly.

"What time yo lunch break?"

"Right after this meeting," I said holding my hands behind my back.

"Aight cool go tell Ally I got her job today." He walked off going to go put the rag down.

   Cindy started talking again as I went back over to my original spot finally finding Ally standing beside Eric.

"Owen wants to take me out for lunch today," I whispered, more excited than I should have been.

Ally only looked over at me with an eyebrow raised smiling, "alright ditch me then." She joked.

"Stop playing," I shook my head laughing continuing to listen to Cindy chatter in a shaky voice. Her blonde locks were thrown all over her head. Matthew really shouldn't have left her to handle all of this by herself today.

Chapter 22
KelisAjanee
All Rights Reserved