"I am sure that is just an exaggeration.

So did Clayton tell you why he wanted to see you."

Bill shook my head.

"Nope. He just said come down and ..."

Bill stopped as he saw the new building attached to the wharf.

"What is that?"

"That is the new dry dock. How did you expect them to work on the boats without a building to do it in."

"I was down here last week. There were just a few pieces of steel poking out of the water."

Matty started jogging to the wharf.

"You snooze, you lose, old man."

Bill just shook my head. He was quickly beginning to expect the unexpected when it came to the Bay. He had never met people with such tremendous work ethics. They would work 24 hours a day to finish a job and then drink all day to celebrate.

By the time Bill reached the wharf, Matty was there talking to Clayton and Ken Johnstone.

Clayton was holding two bottles of champagne.

"We allow drinking on the job?" Bill joked.

"Of course wes do, but not dis pop. Wes only drinks da 'ard stuff."

Bill wasn't sure if Clayton was joking or not.

Clayton laughed, slapping Bill on the back.

"Ise jest be jokin', me son. Wes drinks pretty much anyting wes can gits our 'ands on.

But dat not bes why we is 'ere today."

Clayton pounded on the wall of the new building that had mysteriously appeared in just one week.

Bill heard the sound of engines starting and moments later, two fishing boats emerged from the front of the building.

"May I introduce the 'Matty D.' and da 'Wild William'."

The two fishing boats went around the front of the wharf and stopped on the far side.

"Is that the same two boats?"

Ken Johnstone nodded.

"Yes, boy. They bes da same old wharf rats dat were 'ere a couple weeks ago. Now, me son, dey be as good as anytime on the water.

Come on. Lets me show youse."

Kenny took Matty and Bill on a tour of the Matty D.

The entire boat had been refurbished. The deck had hardwood floors and the Captains cabin was fully restored with hardwood and leather, complete with new Captain chairs. Behind the Captain's cabin was a small galley where meals could be prepared and served to the tourists.