Romance In The Night Chapter Seven

Chapter SEVEN

"Reshel..." I started to say.

She only dabbed her eyes with the tissue in her hands.

"Look if you're here to tell me I'm acting like a bitch you-"

"Stop it!  Just stop it Reshel!"  I breathed in.  "Do you consider me a friend?"

She nodded.

"Then let me in."

Reshel sighed and stepped aside.  She guided me to her bed.  She patted the spot beside her, gesturing for me to sit down.

"Darius is-"

She groaned.  "I don't want to talk about him!"

"Please!  Just listen to me.  I promise you'll actually find what I'm about to say useful!"

She thought about it for a moment.  "Okay fine."  She gave in.

"Darius is only trying to be a good big brother.  He wants to keep you from the cruel outside world."

I thought of Ash as I was reciting his words.

"He wants you to be happy, but his obsession started to interfere with your relationship."

Reshel gave a look that was pretty self explanatory.  She gave me the no-shit look.  "And how do you know this?"

My mind wandered back to my own sibings and how I didn't want to leave them.

"I know this from personal experience.  I...." I debated if I should tell her that I had two younger siblings.

"You...?" She waved her hands in a motion that meant to continue what I was saying.  I took a deep breath.

"I have two younger siblings.  Back in the uh...human world we were always together.  No one could split us up.  Our parents weren't around much so I took the responsibility of being a carer to them."

Okay I was bending the truth.  Back in the feline kingdom my parents were busy a lot of times taking care of our kingdom, but they still were there for all three of us a lot.

I continued, "When it was time for my littler sister to attend school, I never wanted her to deal with bullies."

That was actually the truth!  Cat's aren't dumb!  We go to school like humans, and like the human we have cats who you'd never want to associate with.

"I was reluctant to hand her over to the school, where she would meet others. The good and the bad.  The same thing with my little brother.  The point is, I was protective over my siblings.  Darius is just trying to keep you from the outside world, which can be good sometimes but not the smartest way to go.  You need to venture off on your own.  Get a taste of everything your way instead of being in this barrier."

"Darius isn't doing this just to keep me naive?" Reshel asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Well, I'm not him, but I doubt any twin would want to bring their twin down!"

"I guess it was childish of me to cry wasn't it?"

"Well, it depends on your reason.  Care to explain?" I asked.

"I really don't like fighting with Darius.  I mean I really, really don't like fighting with him.  Reason number one is that because we are twins we feel our emotions, loud and clear!  I mean vampires can detect emotion, but only if it's very evident.  Anyways, I felt him being upset, really upset.  Enough though his scowl says it differently, he gets upset easily.  It makes me upset because he is.  Plus I feel that if it all my fault."  She looked at me with glossy eyes.