Chapter six || An old friend

• Verse of the day from the Holy Qur'an •

" يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّ وَعْدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقٌّ ۖ فَلَا تَغُرَّنَّكُمُ ٱلْحَيَوٰةُ ٱلدُّنْيَا ۖ وَلَا يَغُرَّنَّكُم بِٱللَّهِ ٱلْغَرُورُ"( 35:05)

"O mankind, indeed the promise of Allah is truth, so let not the worldly life delude you and be not deceived about Allah by the Deceiver." (Surah Fatir 33:05)

Ehan's pov'

"I wanna go for shopping." Raya whined.

"Not today, please Raya." I replied. I swear she's being too annoying today.

"If not then take me to uncle Eijaz's place?" She said tilting her head.

"Wha- that's impossible!" I said almost instantly as soon as I heard her say that.

"Take me to momma." Oh shit, please Allah have mercy on me! Her lips started quivering. I know well what's going to happen next!

"Alright, alright I was kidding. Get ready! Let's go for shopping!!" I said cheerfully. If I don't take her for shopping then I will probably have to take her to Erum's place. Going to Erum's place is going to be damn awkward so it's better I take her for shopping instead.

"Yay, I've got the best brother!" Raya said hugging my knees. Later she ran to her room to get dressed.

It's been almost 3 days since I've been here. And I was actually standing near the window looking at a frame which was on the wall. It was a photo taken when I was around two years old. We all looked so happy when it was taken and indeed we were so happy back then.

Raya came back asking me to button her shirt because she was unable to. When I was done with it she gave me a sloppy kiss on my cheeks.

"Thank you, you're the best!" She squealed hugging my neck.

"Aww, didn't you say that once already?" I said laughing slightly.

"But that's the truth!" She scoffed.

"And you're the best I could ever ask for as a sister." I said kissing her on her cheeks.

"Let's go already. I do not want to be late. "She said while we walked towards the main door.

"You still didn't tell me what you want to get from the mall?" I said walking with her out of the door taking the car keys out.

"That's secret. I don't want to tell you now." She shrugged and pulled me forward walking at a fast pace.