Chapter nine|| Phone calls [part-two]

Verse of the day from the Holy Qur'an •

"وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِن كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ"(14:07)

"And then your Lord proclaimed that; “if you are grateful, We certainly give to you more (blessings), if you disbelieve My torment is truly severe”.[ Surah Ibrahim 14:07]

Deena's pov-

I kept waiting but mom unfortunately wasn't anywhere to be seen. After few more minutes the door clicked open! Phew, mom is here finally!

When the door opened instead of mom someone else entered. Raya, she looked delightful as usual. Apparently she's the daughter of a close family friend. Well, in other words she's also Erum's childhood friend Ehan's little sister. She had big green doe eyes which stood out of her features. I mean, it's rare alright! I would totally kill to have her eyes. Her attire was too cute as well. I'm sure she didn't put much effort in changing her outfit as she was still in her PJs and her pigtails were just a bonus to her look.

"As salamu alaikum, are you really that surprised?" She looked at my baffled expression and grinned showing off her dimples.

"Wa' alaikum s-salam habibti and yes, I'm really surprised to see you again." I mean it was just yesterday when she came to meet us with her brother for the first time. And I surely did not expect her to come back I mean at least not this early.

"I'm sorry, I know it's still early for visiting someone. But I really wanted to be here so I insisted Ehan to bring me. I hope you're okay with that." She mumbled looking down at the floor;ashamed.

"Uh-no habibti! It's totally okay!" I said and stood up. She stood on the doorway and wouldn't come in so I had to walk to her to ask her to get in. Ugh! Kids! After she got in and when I was just about to close the door, Ain came downstairs from his room with his Teddy and a dinosaur and peeked inside the living room. As soon as he saw Raya, his face lit up real fast.

"As salamu alaikum.Rayaaaa! You're back! Yay. Come with me and we could play on the backyard." Ain said and started jumping with his toys with enthusiasm.

"Wa' alaikum s-salam! I-" before she could finish off her sentence, Ain dragged her out and ran towards the gate in order to go to the backyard.

I waited for mom for a few more minutes impatiently but she didn't come so I left the room to search for her. After searching the whole house, I found her at the kitchen doing some chores.