Chapter 2

Niall's POV

          I cried myself to sleep that night. I didn't want to be here. I didn't ask to be taken, I didn't ask for any of this. I was just walking home and now I'm stuck here. Well maybe not, I can always try to escape but this nameless man it scary when he's mad.

           The way he threw me on the couch and climbed on top of me with such force and skill makes me think he's done this before. I hope not, for the sake of other people. No one deserves this. Of course, I was happy that the only thing he did was hit me. Not rape me or kill me already.

          I woke up the next morning to a hand brushing threw my hair. At first I thought it was Harry because whenever he sleeps over, that's how he wakes me up. But when I opened my eyes, I saw it wasn't the green eyed boy, it was my captor. I sat up and moved away from him fast.

          "Good morning. I just wanted to say sorry about hitting you last night." He told me with a weird sincerity in his voice. I didn't want to believe he was actually sorry but when a kidnapper apologizes, you should probably take it. I just nodded in response. "So, you're breakfast is on the table in the corner and in that pantry over there are some snacks and stuff for the day. I have to go to work, but I'll see you when I get home."

          When he said he was leaving my mind started working over time. It could be my only chance to get away.

          "Oh, and don't think you can leave because you can't. If you try to leave I'll kill you. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you don't listen to me." My bubble of hope was crushed. He seems like a nice guy, he's just crazy. I kept thinking of ways to get free, but any thought I had was always erased by a voice in my head telling me I'm never going to get away.

            He started to leave up the stairs but I stopped him.

          "Wait!" I called after him. He turned around looking at me with a smile. "Can I know your name?" I asked.

             "Zayn. I'll see you later, Niall." Then he left locking the door behind him. I sat there thinking of the name just spoken to me. It was unique and to be honest I liked it.

             My mind started running faster on ways to escape then it came to me. I remembered the way he seemed so happy when I would talk to him. How he told me we were going to be friends and he didn't like being alone. That's his weakness. If I play that weakness he might let me go or his guard will fall and I came leave. Just like in football, if the defense falls then offense can make a way though. That's all I need to do and the only way of doing that is by becoming his "friend". It might sound crazy, but if that's what needs to be done so I can go home, then I'll do it.  I know I have to get out of here and fast. This guy is like a loaded gun, he's not dependable nor trustworthy.

Zayn's POV

           When I got to work Liam was there waiting for me. Right when I walked through the doors, he came and ran up to me to give me a hug. Sometimes he's like a dog, always excited to see me. Of course, I know it was all out of pity.

           "Zayn! Oh my god, I was so worried! I'm so sorry about yesterday, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He told me looking me straight in the eyes with both hands on my shoulders.

           "It's fine. I'm alright." I told him and I really was. Now I had Niall, I wasn't alone. Soon he would want to talk to me and spend time with me. He just needs to get used to me.

          "Are you sure? You were pretty mad." Liam said. I shook my head.

          "I wasn't. Let's just drop it, okay? What do you need me to do today?" I asked, changing the subject.