"Well, if I would have known you would go through it so quickly I would have gotten you another package," Bill said laughing.

"Have you ever had chocolate before?" Pyronica asked. Dipper nodded.

Mom used to give me some. Dark chocolate is my favorite. Haven't had it in a while.

"We could stop by a store after school and get you some if you want." Pyronica offered.

Dipper shook his head.

Can't. Have to go straight home after school. Strict dad. Can't be home late again.

Bill noticed Dipper mentioning being late again. Bill wondered just how much trouble did he get into yesterday for being late.

Did his father kick him out last night? Possibly leading him to being jumped? Bill thought.

He wanted to ask Dipper, but he felt as though Dipper would only tell them if they were alone. Bill could tell that Dipper had trust issues, he wasn't even sure if Dipper trusted him, but he had to try and figure out what really happened to Dipper.

He wouldn't be alone with Dipper until their last class together. Gym.

Which didn't really leave much time to discuss, but Fridays were usually free days so Bill figured they could sneak off and talk.

The three of them continued eating and talking...well communicating anyway until the bell rang.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Tomep Skomep
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was finally their last class of the day.

Bill meant to tell Dipper to meet him in the gym supply closet so they could sneak off but Dipper hadn't been at his gym locker, despite it being opened, his bag inside, his gym clothes had been taken out.

He always changes in front of his locker...not that I look or anything... Bill thought, his face going slightly red.

He then felt a tap on his shoulder as he stood in front of Dipper's locker. He turned around and saw Dipper changed into his PE uniform, his hoodie on over it, his regular clothes in his arms.

You're in front of my locker. Dipper managed to sign with one hand, mostly spelling it out.

"Sorry. I was just wondering where you were." Bill said.

Dipper set his clothes in his locker, shutting and locking it.

Went to change in the bathroom. I don't like to be looked at.

"I see." Bill said, "Well, it's a free day, I was thinking we could hide out in the supply closet and ditch class."

Dipper frowned.

Don't want to get in trouble. Why don't we just walk the trail? Dipper signed.

Bill had honestly forgotten about the hiking trail behind the school. There was a small wooded area behind the school with a hiking trail they used in gym during the warmer months. It wasn't exactly warm out that day, but it wasn't really cold either.

"Yeah, I guess we could that instead," Bill said. Dipper nodded and the two of them went out into the gym to do warm-ups before they could walk the trail.

•°•°•°•°•°•
Smol time skiiipi
•°•°•°•°•°•°

After a few minutes of walking out in silence, Bill finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble yesterday with your dad," Bill said. He noticed a brief moment of panic on Dipper's face, but it quickly was covered.

Not your fault. You didn't know. I shouldn't have thought it was ok to be out late. Dipper signed.

"So...was he mad?" Bill asked. Dipper froze for a moment, then nodded.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking anyway." Bill said.

Got mad. Yelled a lot. Dipper signed. Bill still had a feeling Dipper was hiding something.

"Did he...kick you out?" Bill asked.

No. He doesn't like letting me out of the house. He wouldn't use it as a punishment. What would make you think that?

"I just figured...your eye..." Bill said.

I already told you. I hit my eye on a cabinet knob. Dipper signed.

"You said it was on your doorknob," Bill said. Dipper froze once again.

Right. Doorknob. That's what I meant.

Dipper sped up his pace slightly.

The two of them walked in silence for almost ten minutes.

As they walked, Bill noticed Dipper had started sweating in his hoodie, despite not taking it off.

"You know, if you take off your hoodie you won't be so warm," Bill said.

I'm fine. Dipper signed.

"Ok...just looking out for you Pine Tree," Bill said.

Pine Tree?

"It's a nickname I'm trying out. Mainly cuz your hat, but also because your last name." Bill said.

Bill noticed Dipper's face go slightly red and he laughed.

"I'm assuming because you aren't complaining you'll let me use it," Bill said.

You can use it. But I'm going to have to come up with a nickname for you too. Dipper signed, making Bill smile.

The two of them continued walking, Bill pulling out his phone and playing music aloud for them to listen to. Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance being the first song to come on.

"Hey, Pine Tree?" Bill said as they began walking back toward the school.

Yeah?

"You know...when I said if you needed anything just text me...I meant it." Bill said, "If you ever need anything, let me know. Whether it's a place to stay, a shoulder to cry on, or just a chocolate bar, I'm always here for you."

Dipper stopped a few paces ahead of Bill, his back to him. Bill looked at him confused. Dipper suddenly turned around and wrapped his arms around him, in a tight embrace.

It caught Bill off guard, but he wrapped his arms around Dipper.

The two of them stood in each other's embrace, neither of them saying anything.

Eventually, they heard the bell ring in the distance signaling the school day was over.

Dipper didn't want to, but he pulled away from Bill, signing a quick 'Thank You' without meeting Bill's eyes.

"We should get back quickly. I can drive you home...if you want." Bill offered. Dipper nodded, as he knew his father would be mad if he was late again. School was already over and he still needed to change back into his normal clothes.

The two of them walked back to the school quickly, not saying anything the entire way.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Tip Skip
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Once they were dressed they walked out to Bill's truck, getting in, and Bill drove Dipper home.