CHAPTER 20 - Push and Pull

Start from the beginning

"Okayyyy", Stone raised his hands up in the air while chuckling. He then pried Picaro's grip from his collar and stepped back. Before he turned around however, he casted his gaze at Ice Lord, a menacing smirk forming at his lips as he began walking away.

***

After the commotion and after making sure Namee is okay, Picaro decided to accompany Namee while Bullet was called by one of his gang mates. Dara was about to go her class but Jiro suddenly blocked her path. "Ramirez, what the hell was that about?" He asked between gritted teeth, his eyes narrowing at her.

"What do you mean?" Dara asked in bewilderment. Jiro was about to answer when he heard Riko calling his name.

"JIRO! Are you okay? I got scared when you and Picaro suddenly ran", Riko hurriedly strode towards them, her face mirroring her worry. "Dara, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'll see you later, my next class is about to start", Dara said and scampered away, leaving the two behind.

"Ramirez!"

"Jiro, I-..."

"I'll talk to you later Riko", he said, cutting her off. "RAMIREZ!"

Hmph! Now he's calling her? Is Riko really an EX-girlfriend? Then why is Riko acting like there's still something going on between her and Jiro?

Dara already entered the building and when she glanced back, she saw Jiro rapidly striding towards her direction. Without thinking, she broke into an abrupt run. She was even surprised at herself for running away.

"RAMIREZ!" She heard Jiro yelling angrily. Gahh! Runnn!

Dara stormed away without looking back. She knew Jiro is chasing her so she picked up her speed. She needs to get away! It will be awkward if he catches her in the hallway with the students scattered all over the place. He really looks pissed and he will surely make a huge fuss with what she did. She shouldn't have run away! But it's too late to stop! Argh!

 She was about to dash towards the hallway at the left when a hand gripped her upper arm. Startled, she spun around and was met by Jiro's furious glare.

"Why the hell did you run away from me?!"

Oh no! Dara darted her eyes left and right; the curious stares of the other students making her conscious. She shifted her gaze back to Jiro, bit her lips while frowning in worry, and hung her head low.

Jiro shoved his hands inside his pockets as he stared at her, not uttering another word. She lifted her head and finally met his eyes when the silence stretched between them. He was looking at her with suppressed irritation, making her nervous.

"You don't want to talk to me?" Jiro asked. She wanted to respond and tell her that she's sorry; that she ran away because he looks pissed and honestly, she's a little miffed too because Riko is following him around. Plus, she's annoyed with the way he treats her. Sadly, no words came out of her mouth.

"Fine", he muttered and walked away.

***

Oh noooo. Jiro is mad at me.

Dara sighed as she gathered her things and stuffed them in her bag when they heard the bell, signaling the end of the period. After pondering over things, she realized she was wrong. She shouldn't have expected more from him when he has already done so much. Since they were kids, Jiro's personality has been like that – seemingly cold and uncaring when in fact, he is exerting a lot of effort for her sake. He isn't the type to show his emotions and is more comfortable doing something without anyone's knowledge.