Rivals; Hongjoong Pt.2

[requested]

[2/3]

-----------

-----------

"I'll make sure you won't participate in this competition, M/n." Hongjoong mumbled, watching M/n flip him off before taking another nap.

There were about ten minutes left before practice began and Hongjoong wanted to make it clear that he was clearly better than M/n to the entire team. With M/n on his team, Hongjoong has never truly felt the sensation of being satisfied. Every day he was bothered by just the presence of M/n.

As he continued to practice, M/n was still sleeping and there were only five minutes left before everyone would arrive. Hongjoong looked at his rival and had a mental debate whether he should wake M/n up or leave him be.

"Hey, wake your ass up before the instructor arrives." Hongjoong spoke while lightly kicking M/n on his side. It took him multiple kicks until M/n woke up with a frown on his face.

"Why didn't you shake me?" M/n rolled his eyes and went to the dressing room so that he could start warming up.

Seonghwa texted M/n about him buying extra water bottles just in case he ends up dehydrated from the spar. Smiling at the message, M/n quickly changed and walked out to the training center. San and Wooyoung had arrived and were already talking to Hongjoong about the sparring session.

M/n sat near the entrance so that he could feel the breeze entering the training center. If it wasn't for today's session, he would be taking a few extra minutes to fall asleep before practice would start. When Seonghwa arrived, he dropped off the bag full of water bottles and snacks with M/n as he rushed off to get changed.

The instructor had arrived moments after Seonghwa hurriedly changed. Whoever arrived after the instructor would have to spar against him and Seonghwa didn't want to end in the hospital.

"I see that you all are here, it looks like I won't be sparring today." The instructor started as M/n chuckled when Seonghwa let out a sigh of relief.

The instructor first talked about the tournament that was taking place over the weekend. It was going to last all day with breaks in between so the players can eat lunch and get a breather. The thought of being in a place full of sweaty college boys who don't even know what a shower was, was definitely not M/n's top choice.

"Since we're one of the top schools, we've been put into the gold bracket. With that being said, Hongjoong and M/n will be sparring to get practice." The instructor spoke as M/n looked over to where Hongjoong was sitting.

Hongjoong had a sly smirk on his face as he and M/n made eye contact. "Seonghwa, if my fist accidentally slip and make contact with his cheek, just know I didn't mean to do it."  M/n whispered to Seonghwa who laughed and ruffled his best friend's hair.

Since they were first, M/n stood up and began to stretch. Part of him wished he watched Hongjoong practice while the other part was completely energized thanks to the nap that he took. Hongjoong was already standing in the center, waiting for his rival to finish stretching.

As soon as M/n walked to the center, the breeze that once danced gracefully through the practice area, was no longer there. Silence had entered the area and both aces were ready to settle who was better.

"Remember boys, the tournament is this weekend, don't act too hastily." The instructor spoke before blowing a whistle to start the match.

Immediately, Hongjoong threw a kick aiming towards M/n's head. With years of practicing, M/n ducked and transitioned to a leg-sweep, knocking Hongjoong to the ground.

The cheap yet high-quality mats met Hongjoong's back, forcing the air out of his lungs to escape. The sounds of their teammates cheering for both M/n and Hongjoong grew louder as Hongjoong slowly stood up. M/n didn't intend on making Hongjoong hit the ground that hard, it just simply happened. After all, they're rivals.

"That was a low blow." Hongjoong commented.

Finally gaining his composure, Hongjoong went into the stance that he's practiced for nearly his entire life. His knees were bent, leaning forward with his weight on the balls of his feet. M/n got into his stance, locking eyes with his rival once again.

Hongjoong let out one last sigh before rushing towards M/n. Punches and kicks were thrown in M/n's direction as he tried to block them all. Staying low, M/n matched the pace of Hongjoong's swings as he waited for an opening.

In a split second, M/n flew back when Hongjoong was able to find an opening and land a kick into M/n's chest. With the next movement working smoothly, Hongjoong grasped M/n's neck tightly as he waited for M/n to give in.

"Let him go, Hongjoong! You're supposed to be sparring, not killing him." Seonghwa spat with nothing but fear in his voice.

M/n's [e/c] eyes sparkled with hatred as he grasped for air. He was already tired of Hongjoong doing nothing but irritate him, and with him winning, M/n knew he wasn't going to let this go.

"Let's end things here, that was a great match. You both have things to work on, we'll talk about it tomorrow. Everyone, I'm paying for dinner since you all were on time." The instructor said as the team cheered excitedly. Hongjoong let go of  M/n and walked away with nothing but his ego too high.

"You actually did really well, don't let this sparring get to you." Seonghwa said as M/n pouted his way to his best friend.

Seonghwa laughed and gave M/n a cold water bottle. The sparring session was something that M/n wanted to win since he's always been in second place when going against Hongjoong.

"I'll cook you dinner, Instructor never picks the best places to eat." Seonghwa added before leaving so that he could grab groceries.

M/n sat on the mat, not wanting to leave the place since he was still frustrated with himself. If only he didn't look up, things could've went differently for the outcome.

"This is so frustrating!" M/n huffed, laying back down on the mat. He could care less if Hongjoong was going to brag about the match.

Closing his eyes, M/n let the breeze calm his nerves down as he tried to replay everything that went wrong in his mind.

"Still sulking?" Hongjoong spoke with the same smirk on his face.

"Mullet, I will wipe away that smirk you don't get away from me."  M/n threatened with his eyes still closed. He didn't even need open his eyes to know that Hongjoong was smirking.

"I'd like to see you try, M/n."

__________

y'all, i have nothing against Hongjoong and his mullet LMAO i'm actually a fan of it-

it made him macho