Arranged For Peace; Seonghwa

-----------------

-----------------

"Another successful battle is now under our town's name, your majesty." Hearing a commander speak to his father, Seonghwa slightly raised his eyebrow to show some sort of interest in the conversation.

"I expected nothing but victory with you leading our soldiers, Hongjoong." Seonghwa's father praised the leading commander.

Quietly, Seonghwa chuckled at the sight of seeing his own friend bow to his father. Deep down he knew how much Hongjoong would rather live peacefully on a farm taking care of animals and reading a book to calm his nerves.

As soon as Hongjoong was dismissed, Seonghwa stood up from his seat to talk to his friend. "Seonghwa, talk nonsense to Hongjoong and you will be scolded." His father said with nothing but a serious tone wrapping around his own white threat.

"Yes, father."

Pivoting on his heels, Seonghwa ran a hand through his caramel brown hair and caught up to his friend. "Hwa, shouldn't you be doing prince stuff?" Hongjoong asked while trying to hide back his smile.

Seonghwa shrugged his shoulders and fixed his ruby sash that sat neatly on his left shoulder. "What's so wrong with me wanting to spend time with my good friend?" Hongjoong rolled his eyes at Seonghwa's question and continued his way back to his office.

Unlike the rest of the soldiers who were given houses outside of the castle, Seonghwa made sure that Hongjoong stayed in the castle for many reasons. The main one just being so that he could have at least some connections with the outside world. The two entered Hongjoong's office where one of his soldiers were already waiting for him with a stack papers in his hands.

"Sir, we've received more news about the outlaws from the town that's on the west of us." Jongho, one of the youngest soldiers to be hired under the royal family, spoke as he shuffled his way over to Hongjoong's desk.

"West of us? Isn't that the town where we get our weapons from?" Seonghwa asked and sat on the sofa closest to the windows that looked over the town.

Hearing Seonghwa's voice, Jongho immediately gave the prince a bow and apologized for not recognizing him earlier. Truth be told, Seonghwa actually hated being a prince because of the underlying fear most people have for the royal family.

"Stand, you don't need to bow so formally towards me." Seonghwa sighed and ruffled Jongho's black hair.