Grudge; Seonghwa

-----------

-----------

It was a known fact that M/n and Seonghwa were in an on-off relationship. The two boys were polar opposites but still managed to develop feelings for one another. M/n was part of a famous band in college and Seonghwa was part of the soccer team at the same college. With their unstable relationship happening for one full year, M/n was starting to grow tired of it.

In the band, M/n was the main singer and the songwriter for most of their songs. Each song that M/n wrote were all inspired by events that happened to him so that he could convey the feeling more.

Currently, M/n and Seonghwa weren't in a relationship and haven't been for almost one month. But throughout all of that, they would still get back together when it's the next month. The singer knew that something was bound to happen since they can never make it past two months for some odd reason. No matter how much effort M/n puts, it somehow doesn't get through Seonghwa's head.

"Ditch Mr. Perfect Eyebrows, and go meet someone else." Jongho, one of M/n's friends, spoke. The two of them were currently in Jongho's dorm since his roommate went out to prepare for a party that was happening later tonight.

"Jongho, I think we can actually make it to two months this time. Something is telling me that we'll last longer." M/n responded while laying Jongho's bed. Seonghwa was with his soccer team for practice and M/n opted out on seeing him.

The party that was making headlines around college was one that Mingi was hosting. Mingi's the captain on the soccer team and was crazy rich. M/n honestly thought Mingi could be part of Crazy Rich Asians if it was based in Korea. Since the captain of the soccer team was hosting it, everyone wanted to attend. Seonghwa, being the party animal that he is, was more than excited to know about it.

It was already 8 PM and the party was just beginning. Some of M/n's friends were attending the party and would text him how Seonghwa was the center of attention. Of course with his good looks, it was only obvious that he was going to be getting stares left and right.

"Well, while they're at the party, let's make a song." M/n suggested while grabbing Jongho's guitar. At first, the two boys were messing around and made songs about them failing classes and the teachers that they didn't like.

When they finally began to grow serious about making the new song, M/n had gotten a message from one of his friends that sent a video. And the video just so happened to be of Seonghwa making out with some girl that he didn't even know.

The video had M/n's friend cursing him out and wishing nothing but bad luck on him. As much as he hoped that it wouldn't phase him, M/n realized that he didn't want to keep up the unstable relationship anymore. Turning his phone off, M/n took a deep breath and went back to creating the song. It was about time for him to be inspired to write a new song.

After the party went viral for the amount of people that showed and the endless videos that were found on Twitter, it was the next day when pretty much no one was going to attend class. M/n and his roommate were happily talking about the concert that was planned for tonight since it was M/n's band that was going to be performing.

"Make sure you come, I prepared a new song." M/n said while waving his chopstick in the air. He didn't have any morning classes so M/n decided to make breakfast for his roommate.

M/n's roommate was a shy freshman who was basically M/n's child. He would always ask the singer about life on campus and for advice on getting situated to college life. The only thing he couldn't help his roommate with was relationships.

While cooking, M/n's phone was going off with the caller ID being Seonghwa. Usually, he would answer without hesitation, but this time M/n couldn't bring himself to answer. The phone went off one more time when M/n didn't answer the first time, but that still didn't change his mind.

"Hyung, isn't that your boyfriend calling?" The freshman asked when he recognized the ringtone.

Shaking his head, M/n told the freshman that he would explain through the works of music. At first, he didn't quite understand until M/n said the song was about Seonghwa.

After saying goodbye to his roommate, M/n plopped on his bed and listened to the voicemails that Seonghwa left. The first one was about him explaining the situation if M/n saw the video of him making out with a girl. The second voice mail was him apologizing and asking if they could still get back together next month.

"Wow~ now I'm even more pumped up to perform this song." M/n scoffed when Seonghwa asked him not to hold a grudge over something that happened during a party.

The singer called Jongho and immediately told him about the two voicemails Seonghwa left. They were both certain that he was going to attend the concert if his friends were going. With that, Jongho and
M/n left the campus to look for clothes that would be perfect for the concert.

Throughout the whole entire time that they were out, M/n put his phone on Do Not Disturb and turned his notifications off for Seonghwa. He was going to make sure that this would be the last time that he would see the soccer player.

The concert was always held outside at 5 PM since that was when Golden Hour was. M/n loved to wear necklaces that would sparkle when the sun would shine on him, and with the perfect weather, M/n was going to show everyone no mercy.

"Listen up my fellow gays, you've all been prepping me for this moment to ditch Mr. Perfect Eyebrows. And the time has finally come." M/n spoke as the band was currently backstage.

They had a couple of minutes before the concert started and M/n was giving a motivational speech that the band has been waiting for.

"Do you know how much I wanted to hear you say that?" Jongho laughed as he pretended to wipe a tear.

Playfully rolling his eyes, M/n continued with his motivational speech before one of the stage crew told them that it was time. Immediately, the band did their cheer and rushed to see the crowd. M/n scanned the area for Seonghwa and his friends so that he could dedicate a certain verse just for him.

The outdoor concert hall was yet another full house and it only made M/n's excitement go through the roof. While M/n talked about the new song, he spotted Seonghwa greeting his friends who were near the front of the stage. Raising an eyebrow,
M/n could only feel his anger grow with every second.

"Let's get this concert going!" M/n shouted with the audience sharing the same amount of energy.

They played each song with passion as M/n would walk over to the edge of the stage and sing closer to those who were recording him. When the new song started, M/n's smile had changed into a smirk as it was finally time for him to say the verse.

Walking to where was Seonghwa was located, M/n sat on the edge of the stage and stared deep into the eyes that made him fall in love.

"And what the hell were we? Tell me we weren't just friends. This doesn't make much sense. But I'm not hurt, I'm tense. Cuz I'll be fine without you, babe."

__________

Phew Chile