Rivals; Hongjoong Pt.1

[requested]

[1/3]

----------

----------

"M/n, you really shouldn't be trying to compete with Hongjoong. He's the best person on our team." Seonghwa spoke. The two boys attended KQ University and were part of the best martial arts team.

M/n was scouted by the university when he was a sophomore in high school and was more than honored to go to his dream university. Except, when he arrived at the university, he wasn't expecting the one person he absolutely hated.

"First of all, I'm the best on the team. Second of all, Hongjoong can kiss my ass. I don't care about him." M/n spat with his eyebrows furrowed.

M/n absolutely hated Hongjoong's guts and everyone on the team knew, but the feelings were mutual. The two aces were known for having such an intense rivalry. Even though most of their arguments would be childish, it was still obvious that they can never get along.

Today at practice, their coach explained over text that they will be having a little sparring match. In order to prepare for the tournament that was coming up this weekend, M/n knew he would be going up against the one and only Hongjoong.

"You know, in all my yaoi mangas, rivalries lead to them being in a relationship," Seonghwa added, feeling accomplished for telling the future.

Looking at his best friend, the only thing M/n could do was shake his head in disappointment. Seonghwa was always the type to try and lighten the mood whenever someone mentioned Hongjoong in front of him. He hated seeing M/n mad since it resulted in M/n not paying for lunch.

"Even though you guys are just sparring, try not to knock him out, please. He needs to at least see the sunset before he dies." Seonghwa added with a smile when M/n began to chuckle.

The rest of the walk to the school was filled with them making jokes and complaining about the sudden pile of homework they had. Most of it came from their math and English teachers since they were known for waiting so last minute to assign homework.

"And the saddest part is that I'm taking my homework with me to the tournament." Seonghwa complained as M/n nodded his head.

He, too, would be bringing his homework to a tournament that lasts all day. Their schedule wasn't out yet, but M/n could already tell that it was going to be one of those long tournaments.

When they arrived at school, M/n sighed when he saw Hongjoong talking to the rest of their teammates. As much as he wanted to walk up to his friends and ignore Hongjoong, he knew that he would be scolded by his seniors. Looking at Seonghwa, his best friend simply shrugged as he took his phone out to see who texted him.

After visualizing himself defeating Hongjoong, M/n decided to put his pride aside and walk up to his teammates. "Hey, losers, what's up?" M/n asked while giving his friends a friendly smile. He didn't even dare to look in the direction of Hongjoong since that would make him lose his cool.

"I'm only a loser until you let me take you out." San winked as M/n chuckled gave him a light punch. 

"That's called being a simp. The only real loser here is M/n." Hongjoong spoke, immediately killing the mood.

Rolling his eyes, M/n brushed past his comment and continued to talk to San. For once, he actually wanted to try to see how long he could last before yelling at Hongjoong. But just being near his rival was testing his patience. If he didn't speak, maybe M/n could've lasted a minute or two.

"Shut up, mullet. Talk to me when you're not stuck in the 80s." M/n snapped as he grabbed Seonghwa and walked to their first class.

Hongjoong chuckled as he watched M/n storm off with his best friend. It was common for M/n to do that whenever he got on the other's nerves. Maybe it was the sparring session that'll happen at practice, but Hongjoong had the sudden urge to push M/n off the edge today.

"Let's see how long you can last, M/n." Hongjoong muttered as he turned back around to see San and Wooyoung giving him a questioning look.

"Let me take him out for dinner before you killing him." San pleaded as Wooyoung shook his head.

"Don't go all out, we have a competition this week." Wooyoung added while taking San so that Hongjoong could plan how he was going to win against M/n.

M/n and Hongjoong were the aces on the team since they were both scouted in high school. Of course, growing up in the same city, it was common for M/n and Hongjoong to compete each other. M/n would always end up second in elementary and middle school, but suddenly, M/n was able to beat Hongjoong every year. Ever since then, the rivalry grew strong on both sides.

Hongjoong only had a few classes scheduled for today so he was planning to go to their training center first. He changed into his clothes and began to practice what he was going to use against M/n. Spending nearly an hour practicing, Hongjoong didn't even notice M/n watching him from the entrance.

"Is that what you plan to use against me?" M/n smirked as he walked into the center. He had just woken up from an hour-long nap that he took in his previous class.

Hongjoong eyed M/n as he simply sat on the floor and shutting his [e/c] eyes once again. Pulling his hood up, M/n waved the other away.

"Can you stop staring at me? My eyes are closed so I won't see what you're practicing." M/n yawned as he set his backpack down on the floor for him to use as a pillow.

A quiet sigh escaped from Hongjoong's lips as he decided to pretend as if M/n wasn't there. As much as Hongjoong wanted to fight M/n right now, he knew that it wouldn't be fair since M/n was at a disadvantage. The disadvantage was that M/n is weaker than Hongjoong. Well, at least that's what Hongjooong thinks.

"Hurry up and start practicing before I get up to change." M/n commented when he didn't Hongjoong moving.

"I'll make sure you won't participate in this competition, M/n."

________________

Yooo thank you for requesting! And I'm sorry that it took forever for me to release this lol