Chapter 25 - The Final

Sunday 31st

Izuku woke up from the surgery that wasn't really a surgery as much as a fitting to a custom wheelchair made for comfort. The brace Izuku received from Recovery Girl was taken off and he was given full body support.

Izuku didn't know why the hospital had a custom wheelchair made in advance but he gave it no mind as wheeled around the testing room before being allowed out.

He sat finishing his diary that Kirishima had helpfully got him in secret from Bakugou and he wrote the last page with a sad smile just as the nurse knocked for permission to enter.

The nurse helped him into clothes as the surgery required him to be basically naked and he puzzled over why he wasn't fitted into the usual hospital gown.

Instead, he was put into normal clothes to head out and was escorted into a car.

It was strangely peaceful despite today being the definite day his body was going to completely disappear.

He didn't fear death...it was just a little lonely...

The car pulled up by the school gate and Izuku was helped off and be was greeted by the class along with Inko and a few teachers including Mr Toshinori.

Inko was smiling but her eyes were puffy and Toshinori was gently patting her back smiling too.

The class all, one by one, gently gave Izuku a hug whispering their thanks for the best memories made together the past month before smiling and waving. Izuku got to the end of the line where Bakugou was not in uniform like the rest and he wheeled Izuku back into the car.

Through the window, Izuku started to cry as he waved at his classmates...goodbye...

As he, Bakugou, Inko and Toshinori were all in the car and Bakugou gave the clear to go for the driver.

The class watched as the car started and as soon as it was out of sight, almost everyone in the class immediately broke down, their sadness that they held back burst like a dam that only got worse as around them did the same.

Inko was shivering as she controlled her emotions and Toshinori helped calm her down as Bakugou and Izuku sat next to each other.

Bakugou lifted an arm and put it gently around Izuku's shoulders but not looking at him, casually staring out of the the window as the car went of the motorway.

Inko saw this and a small genuine happy smile came onto her lips as she leaned on Toshinori's shoulder.

Time ticked by as all thoughts were being sorted out in the journey and even though Izuku spent a few hours of his remaining life in silence, it was with his family.

It was evening when they reached where they were heading and when Bakugou opened the door, Izuku gasped as he took in what was in front of him.

It was the ocean...

Inko and Toshinori both then did as the class did and gave Izuku a gentle hug. Realizing the pattern, Izuku started to cry when Inko hugged him. He didn't want to go...he didn't want to leave... But...

Tears ran down his face and Inko hushed him gently, rocking him slowly before wiping his tears away.

She kissed her son's eyes before smiling right at him, tears in her eyes but not falling.

"Izuku my baby, I love you more than words can describe, and you will always be my son no matter where you go."

She hugged him once more before turning his wheelchair to face Bakugou who was already by the water.

"Now, I don't want you to have a single regret ever. I'm also sure that little Katsuki is also ready to talk to you so don't look back and go forward. No matter what, I want you to be happy."

She gave him a gentle push and Izuku nodded before gently pushing the pedal by his foot to get the wheelchair to go forward.

Inko hand was left outstretched as the wheelchair left her fingertips. Toshinori lifted his own and clasped the woman's hand in his, squeezing it tight. He was going to be there for her, even after these final minutes.

Bakugou stood by the waves listening to the sound of it crashing against the sand. The day was perfect.

No one was at the beach since everyone was celebrating the New Year's Eve.

The day was a little windy and there were ships along the horizon.

It was... exactly what Izuku imagined an ocean to be like.

Izuku got closer and Bakugou turned to face him, thoughts clear as the sky above. He knew what he wanted to say and he knew what was going to happen no matter the reply but... It didn't matter. He had to let these thought out. He only had a few minutes left.

"I-I-It's beautiful K-Kacchan" Izuku stammered as he looked out into the sparking water. He didn't know how to get straight to the point but he knew he had to try, before he regrets anything. He was already feeling numb throughout his whole body as if it was on the brink of melting.

"I know Deku...it's just like you." Bakugou spoke clearly as he looked into Izuku's eyes hoping to convey every emotion he could.

Izuku blushed as he fully understood every word and they cleared their throat at the same time before putting forward all their feelings in the open.

Time was running out.

"Izuku Midoriya"
"Katsuki Bakugou"

They looked at each other with no hesitation.

"I love you."

The ocean waves crashed and the wind blew through their hair. Their eyes both widening as they processed what the other had said, before smiling.

Izuku leaned forward and Bakugou immediately noticed how Izuku's body was reaching his limit so he lifted the boy he loved into his arms and together they sat on the sand as the water rose and fell away at their feet.

It was about to be high tide and with every wave, the water crept higher and higher.

Izuku cried from both happiness and sorrow as he embraced Bakugou in his arms. His feelings pouring out as he felt his body getting chilled from the ocean waves.

He didn't need to look down to know that the water had already washed away his legs and that all that was left of his body was his torso leaning against Bakugou's chest.

Bakugou knew that any longer, it would just be torturous for them both so he got up, carrying his lover in his arms as he waded deeper into the water.

The two looked into each other's eyes just as the sun had started to set and Izuku knew it was time.

As a tears streamed down his face and disappeared into the ocean waves, Izuku smiled at Bakugou who also had tears forming.

They closed their eyes and as gently as seafoam landing on the sand, they kissed as the sun disappeared behind the ocean.

A wave rolled over the two and when the tide came back out, Bakugou stood alone in the ocean with tears steaming down his face.