Chapter 16

Friday 15th

It was Friday and that meant they had more time after school. Bakugou grabbed the handles as the bell rang and wheeled Izuku out of the building. He was heading towards the public park.

They didn't have long because of the curfew time but the setting sun made time move slowly.

Bakugou had lifted Izuku up and placed him on the swing. Gently pushing Izuku's back as they watched the sky turn pink.

It was getting cold and Bakugou immediately took off his jacket and wrapped Izuku up in it. Feeling happy from the gesture, Izuku blushed but something nagged his on the inside.

Is he doing this out of pity?

The thought hurt him and he felt horrible. He didn't want Bakugou to be shackled by the past but he also selfishly wished Bakugou would be with him. But he knew he caused him pain...but even still, he wanted to express his love and he wished for his feelings to be returned and he wished-

"Hey Deku, you okay?"

Bakugou had stopped swinging him and was in front of him, face close out if worry. Flustered, Izuku replied "y-y-y-yeah.... Just had my head filled with thoughts". He smiled at Bakugou hoping to hide his desires. He couldn't be more selfish than he already has... The world is unfair and he knew that already. He just needed to accept it.

Bakugou, clearly knowing that Izuku was hiding something, just smiled before lifting Izuku off the swing and back into the wheelchair.

"It's almost night nerd, let's go back and sleep. We're going out again tomorrow and I don't want you fucking tired."

They made their way back towards the dorm and Izuku bathed and changed before settling in bed. Bakugou made sure he was warm before heading into the bathroom and Izuku grabbed his diary.

The sound of the shower was soothing and Izuku wrote about the day like usual.

When Bakugou was done, Izuku quickly hid the diary and sat up straight as the blonde walked in.

Bakugou then turned off the lights before snuggling next to Izuku and the two let each other sign in comfort. They both loved each other's warmth and they both calmed each other down. Izuku listened to Bakugou's heartbeat as Bakugou played with Izuku's hair and gently, both boys fell asleep.

Saturday 16th

It was Saturday and Izuku was already use to the trend of wheeling downstairs for a bowl of katsudon and morning cuddles. Then Toshinori came again as the escort and they headed into a car. Except this time, the self proclaimed 1-A Deku protection squad came along meaning it was now a class trip.

Toshinori sighed and called for a coach, as long as they stayed in groups it would be fine.

Izuku was blindfolded again and like he did when rocking was involved, fell asleep until they arrived.

He woke up with a start and found himself face to face with Mina who was giving him a sneaky grin. He couldn't see Bakugou anywhere.

"Where's Kacchan?" He asked Mina who was holding her phone. "Oh he's just gone to the toilet, anyway! Wanna see something cute???????" She showed him her phone and played a video. It was him asleep against Bakugou's shoulder with them holding hands. Bakugou was looking out the window before a cackling from Mina could be heard and Bakugou, using one hand and a shoulder to cover Izuku's ears, blasted an explosion cutting the video short.

Ochaco came up to them and saw the video too before laughing. "Wow Izuku! I couldn't believe you didn't wake up! It was really loud."

At that point, Bakugou returned and they were all given lanyards for fast passes. They went into the building and Izuku let out a little shriek. They were at the zoo.

Absolutely excited, he looked at Bakugou with glittering eyes and Bakugou chuckled knowing full well he was going to be exhausted pushed Izuku to every establishment.

The closest one was the monkey rock where a massive area was dug into the ground with weirdly shaped rocks bathed in sunlight everywhere. Different monkey chattered loudly and Izuku took a ridiculously amount of selfies with his peers.

After the monkeys, it were the tigers, then lions, then cheetahs, then giraffes, then hippos, then zebras, then-

Izuku was so hyped for each animal that he had worked up a sweat and the lanyards meant they could feed the animals that had food available to be bought.

He was a bit scared when the giraffe's long black tongue suddenly snatched the branch he held but Bakugou was there and he wasn't so nervous anymore.

Half the class had made their own groups to wander around but the group with Izuku was still quite large.

Izuku had Bakugou push his wheelchair and Kirishima, Mina, Denki, and Shinsuo were with them. This happened as Mina refused to "miss action between her ship" so Kirishima and Denki were pulled too and Shinsuo was somehow pulled by Denki.

Todoroki, Iida, Uraraka and Tsu were there too, with the two girls holding hands and skipping ahead.

Inko and Toshinori were at the back enjoying the stroll around the zoo with Inko constantly taking pictures.

They had so much fun just walking around taking silly photos and buying absolutely useless items from the stalls. It got to the point that everyone had some sort of keychain of an animal and a random wacky shirt with the zoo logo.

Izuku sat in his wheelchair, bunny ears, rabbit keychain and fluffy animal shirt being pushed by Bakugou, wolf keychain and night themed zoo shirt.

They looked almost comically ridiculous.

But they didn't care.

Inko loved taking photos of the two as their happy expressions were too funny for her. Izuku would smile brightly like there's no tomorrow and Bakugou would look disinterested but slightly smiling at the camera.

The others all filled their storage space with photos too and Toshinori got a good chuckle each time the kids squabbled over which animal next.

It was a long day, and Izuku had plenty to write that night. His feelings were becoming more and more complicated, but he told himself it would be okay.