Chapter 24

Friday 29th

Waking up from the cold, Izuku opened his eyes in the late afternoon to find himself alone in Bakugou's bedroom and he couldn't see the explosive boy anywhere.

The memories of the night before rushed back in and his face was tinged in pink as he remembered how close Bakugou's face was with his...

He clapped his hands together to try and remove the feelings pumping through his heart and he clasped his hands together to calm himself down. But it was no use.

In fact, the worse had started to come.

The pressure he exerted into his fragile hands had apparently been too much as he suddenly had no feeling in them at all.

It fact, both hands just started to feel jelly and in horror, Izuku watched as half his left and most of his right hand just fully went transparent.

The bone..the tissues...the skin... gone...

Terror took over and he wanted to scream but fear shook him as he thought screaming might melt his lungs. He started to cry and he was terrified of what was going to happen to him. It didn't hurt but he had no hands. He already knew that he was probably going to completely disappear probably the day after tomorrow but...

In truth... He just hadn't accepted it...

Small whimpers escaped his mouth and it was a random person passing who had heard it.

"Bro you okay?"

It was Kirishima! "Kirishima..." Izuku softly cried and he hoped the red head could hear. "Help..."

There was a loud crash immediately afterwards as the door was immediately broken down.

Kirishima had used his quirk to completely destroy the door while screaming sending chaotic noise to vibrate through the building.

The next moment was a blur as teachers and students alike both rushed to the seen and Bakugou was there too confused, screaming, swearing and sending explosions in all directions.

But he immediately shut up as he saw Izuku, tears streaming down his pale skin as he held up both arms for him to see, crying for Bakugou, as he passed out unconscious on the bed.

Saturday 30th

By the time Izuku could focus again, the sound of a machine was beeping in his ear and he could see Bakugou asleep by the side of the hospital bed with Inko asleep on the chair nearby.

A pile of papers were in her hands and all Izuku could see was all he needed.

"-can confirm that patient's body will not be able to hold itself together by the end of tomorrow"

... tomorrow? How long had he been unconscious for?

The gravity of reality hitting hard as he realized he spent around 15 hours unconscious so it was early morning according to the time on the clock...

Breakfast had rolled around by the time he was discharged from his drips and Bakugou had finished his personal worried checkup before wheeling Izuku towards their spot in the garden. A nurse brought them both their food and Bakugou picked up the spoon and brought it up towards Izuku's mouth.

"Umm...ahh?"

Izuku looked wide eyed and blushed gently before timidly opening his mouth and ate his breakfast spoon by spoon that Bakugou fed.

He couldn't have his hopes up so high especially thinking about time. It was only because he had no hands that Bakugou was doing this....

....right?

As he was finishing the last bite, he got a little on his cheek and Bakugou brought up a hand, caressing Izuku's face, as he wiped the smudge towards Izuku's lips.

Izuku swallowed gently as the breakfast was now finished but Bakugou's thumb was still rested on Izuku's lips and the two sat still staring at each other, wanting to speak but no words came out.

Izuku's heart raced as a small blush covered his cheeks and nose and Bakugou couldn't let go. His thumb gently stroked the soft lips and he couldn't help wondering how gentle they seemed.

His own heart started to pump faster and the two both started to think rapidly.

I shouldn't have my hopes up.
Why can't I move my hand?
Kacchan is only doing this because I'm unable to.
Why do I keep helping this nerd?
He's going to be free after...
But he's not going to be around anymore after...

... tomorrow.

For some reason, both boys immediately backed away from each other with looks of fright in their eyes as tears streamed down Izuku's face and Bakugou grit his teeth to not do the same.

Izuku hugged himself gently before looking towards Bakugou who had a pissed expression.

"It's okay Kacchan... you'll be free...very soon..."

But those words were not the ones Bakugou needed. He knew full well that he wasn't going to be free of Izuku after tomorrow. In fact, he didn't want to be free.

He wanted to be with Izuku for the rest of his life, to support him and have fun moments together.

Just like when they were a rocket zooming down the corridor, or the after schools campus strolls. The day in mall where they got a bonsai tree that still sits in their room. The amusement park, the meteor shower, the zoo and the midnight showing All Might movie...

And the moments where they were happy finally going to school together like the art class where he noticed how fucking cute the nerd was. Or chemistry class, when Deku's laugh was absolutely contagious. Or after combat training, the sweet treats made for the class and how he knew about the secret of Izuku putting a heart shaped cookie in his bag.

Also the times when he felt like a hero during the fire drill where he princess carried Deku out of his wheelchair that was being crushed as he ran them to safety.

Even when Izuku was honestly terrified after being brave at the USJ incident, it was cute and it lead to their late night sleepy talks about the ocean. He loved how Deku would get so enthusiastic about listening about the waves to the point he's exhausted and they ended with cuddling in a place that seemed like home, filled with warmth inside and out.

Or when Auntie Inko visited the dorms to make breakfast and he saw the melting bliss of Izuku eating katsudon. The times when they stayed in matching pajamas all day after oversleeping together after all the sleepovers in the common room for Christmas Eve, the TV movies, and round face's birthday party.

Hanging out in the animal lover's room and then that moment in music chick's room. And...the bastard Icyhot's room...

Feeling agitated at the thought of him, Bakugou wondered why he hated the sideways pokéball. But it was obvious?

Because he was close to Deku and he wanted Deku all to hims-...

What?....

The doctor then walked up to then to tell Izuku he had one more final appointment as as Izuku was being taken away, Bakugou lunged forward, mind a mess. He still wasn't able to understand what was going on but he need to make sure he told Izuku how he felt...

"Deku...I need to talk. After your surgery...we need...to talk..."