Chapter 8

With the school day over, Bakugou brought Izuku into the dorm rooms as he received one with all his equipment inside.

Once inside, Izuku happily hummed to himself as he got changed into his custom pajamas that allow him to be connected to his drips.

Mina swung by to accompany Izuku when she "finished" her homework in order to let Bakugou do his.

With the promise that would return, he ran off leaving Izuku and Mina to themselves.

They started talking about what type of hero she wanted to be and how she got into UA with Kirishima. They played a few games and it was almost an hour before the subject Mina wanted to talk about came up.

"Sooo, how's it going on?" Mina gently questioned taking care to not stress the boy out.

"Umm, nothing much... Kacchan is being nicer than ever but that's probably because I'm not going to be around soon... But thank you for asking." Izuku smiled sadly as he gazed at Mina's worried eyes.

Bakugou finished his work at this moment and started running down the corridor, he turned the corner towards Izuku's room and slowed down as he neared it. The door was open and he could hear Mina talking in a soft voice. He relaxed when he noticed this because that meant she understood that Izuku was fragile.

"Are you going to tell him?" Mina's curious voice asked questioningly.

What were they're talking about? Bakugou wonders as he felt a slightly different pain in himself.

"No I don't think I will, I mean...there's almost no point."

No point in what? He wanted to know, he stood outside the door listening.

"After all, Kacchan would probably be happy when I'm gone, he wouldn't need to keep visiting me out of guilt. He would be free."

Bakugou's breathing stopped when he heard this. It wasn't the agonising pain from the guilt that he usually felt, it was worse.

The usual guilt would eat away at his soul, gnawing at his very being, every muscle always in constant pain. But this time, his lungs felt crushed and gasped desperately for air, his mind spun with dizziness as he stood outside the door listening in.

No, he wouldn't be okay. The fact that Izuku would no longer be there in a month's time still hadn't sunk in. He didn't want it to sink in. But it started to.

Life without Izuku...it would mean that he wouldn't have the pain anymore, he would be free. He wouldn't need to be a hero in the place of two nor need to visit the hospital in every single one of his free times.

....but...

He wouldn't be free. He didn't want Deku to go. He wanted to keep seeing him. He wanted to go to the hospital and visit him. He wanted Deku to always be by his side... He...

He shook his head and the thoughts stilled.

He screamed loudly and the gossiping voices stopped. He stomped around the door before opening it.

Inside sat Izuku and Mina looked awkwardly at each other as they avoided his gaze.

Bakugou smiled gently before pulling the wheelchair out from behind the door. It doesn't matter what he wants, he was going to make the time Izuku had the best.

"Let's go for a run Izuku, literally."

Izuku looked at him warily before smiling brightly, he was ready to be reckless for once, it was going to be his last opportunity after all.

Mina smiled at them before slipping away to leave the two alone as she silently shipped them from afar, squealing and fangirling with the other class fujoshis.

Bakugou smiled as he gripped the handles on the wheelchair and tensed his whole body as he got ready to run down the empty hallway.

3....

2...

1..

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bakugou ran down the hall speeding up as quick as he could before spinning around and slowing them down to a stop.

Izuku sat on the wheelchair with his emerald eyes blown wide open, hair tossed into more wild green tangles and his mouth was open in a wide smile gently panting from the adrenaline.

The excitement of fast movement made Izuku crave it more. As Bakugou went up and down the hallway, he relaxed and started leaning forward to feel the air smack his face.

He didn't care about anything else at that moment, he was having the best time ever.

They went up and down and up and down the corridor, by now more people have noticed them and they all smiled at the two. Some even cheered and that made the whole experience just that much more exciting.

But all good things come to an end, because within a second, Mr Aizawa used his capture scarf and wrapped it around the wheelchair and Bakugou gently pulling then into a stop as he forced them aside. The spectators all tiptoed off to try and get away. They did, but with the promise of extra homework for a week.

But it didn't matter to Izuku and Bakugou, they were having the happiest times of their lives and making as many memories as possible. Nothing else mattered to them and they cheekily grinned at each other not really listening to the scolding from Mr Aizawa telling them to be more careful.

Bakugou smirked as he pushed Izuku back into his room and the two discussed their plans for the rest of the month.

Izuku happily giggled about celebrating Christmas with everyone on the 25th and Ochaco 's birthday on the 27th. They talked about the things they wanted to do and silly talk like seeing the ocean and getting a plant. Bakugou said that he'll take Izuku to the shopping district that weekend and he happily watched the emerald eyes glow with happiness at the idea.

The talks slowed down as Izuku's started to fall asleep and dreamed about going to the zoo and amusement parks and seeing movies. Izuku had done none of these and Bakugou was going to make sure he could.

Before time was up by the 31st of December...