Chapter 7

The day seemed to drag on as Bakugou impatiently tapped his pencil on the desk. Class didn't make sense and he didn't want to be there at all. His mind was occupied by Izuku.

His guilt towards the boy.
The limited time they had.
The worry of how he's doing.
The shimmering of his emerald green eyes...

He shook his head to try and clear it but it only made him remember words in his dream.

Listen carefully...he what to him again?

It was only period 3 of 7 and he already wanted run to the hospital.

Not paying attention, Bakugou only just heard the door slide open and a lot of muttering. He didn't really care and nothing interested him until he realized the room became silent. He turned around to face Izuku sat at the desk behind him wearing a wide smile and glowing eyes.

"WHAT THE FUC-FUDGE!!!!" screamed Bakugou as he sat up straight and paid full attention to the boy behind.

Izuku giggled happily as Mr Aizawa started to explain.

"Okay so class now that I have your attention....

This is Izuku Midoriya... he's going to be in and out of class for a month. Bakugou is in charge of him... and has permission from Principal Nezu to leave school whenever during this time.

I never thought I'd say this but this time you are here to make friends... stay on top of your studies. Be gentle."

And with that, he fell asleep under the desk and the class sat there in awkward silence.

"Izuku!!!" An exaggerated voice sung over the class and the class turned to face Mina who was waving her hand.

With the silence broken, Izuku smiled and waved back before the flood of questions bombarded him.

"Why are you in a wheelchair?"
"Why only a month?"
"Do you have special someone?"
"How do you know Bakugou?"
"Be careful, Bakugou can be a little scary"

The flood of words continued and the pressure started to build rapidly.

Izuku sat there trying to control his breathing as his shoulders tensed up...and started to dissolve...

He collapsed in his wheelchair drooping really low and Bakugou panicked for a brief second before screaming at the class to move as he quickly, but gently, whisked Izuku to Recovery Girl.

The class stood puzzled as the two figures dissapeared so Kirishima spoke up.

The class turned to face him only to realize they were all out of their seats basically surrounding the poor boy, even a person not on a wheelchair would freak out.

They hung their heads awkwardly before Kirishima and the Bakusquad explained what was going on.

The grave reality made the rest of the class ashamed of themselves. They regreted their actions as they came to terms with the sad truth.

Izuku couldn't be recovered by Recovery Girl as it's a genetic mutation so he was instead fitted in a pair of shoulder supports to reduce stress.

He sat in his wheelchair and Bakugou gently pushed him around the school corridor. The sad reality was that he had so little time that there was no point trying to keep his body intact.

They strolled towards the class who were all sat in their seats, still and awkward. Kirishima spoke up and asked the impending question, "you okay bro?"

The class visibly relaxed when Izuku smiled back before showing them his shoulders. They cringed when they saw the porcelain skin of the young boy become transparent near the shoulders. The area around his collar bone was like jelly and had a metal brace connecting the gap.

Izuku smiled brighter than ever though despite this as if to say that he will smile a life times worth of smiles in the next month. Bakugou didn't even look up at anyone, the internal pain eating him alive every second constantly reminding him of the guilt.

The day continued and Izuku was there to watch everyone get on with their normal classes and he sat back happily observing.

They all sat together at lunch and Bakugou this time offered to help feed Izuku but he declined the offer saying he'd like to use his arms while he still had them.

Bakugou sadly smiled before ruffling the green forest hair and tucked into his own spicy noodles.

The heat poured down his throat distracting him from the continuous waves of regret that crashed onto him. His tongue screamed for water but he ignored it, after all, he deserves much worse.

Lunch ended and the last lesson was maths. Bakugou sat on the table with Kirishima again and Izuku had his wheelchair nearby.

The class started as usual with them listening to the information but the second self study came around, everyone apart from the Bakusquad left for the library.

Mina explained that it's because they were kicked out of the library as Momo popped a pair of sound cancelling headphones on his head. Just as she left, Bakugou opened his mouth.

"I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT!!!!!" Bakugou yelled at the top of his lungs as he hurled books at Kirishima. "I CAN'T BE ASKED TO DO THIS!!!" He grumbled as he slouched back. But his drive to be the best made him pick up the notes Mina and the others made again and he reviewed them once more.

"I'M DONE WITH THIS BULLSHIT!!!!!!" came seconds later from the angry boy. He glared at Denki who used his quirk out of shock and was now just sitting there with a dunce face. "WHAT'S THE POINT!!!!"

Izuku leaned forward and looked over Mina's notes. He took Denki's pen and started writing the notes in neat lines no longer than 15 words each.

Once he was done, he handed them to Bakugou who read them a few times and picked up the practice paper in front of him.

The hour passed and by the end,

"TAKE THAT SHITTY TEST!!!!" Bakugou cheered as he slapped the paper into the floor.

He gave Izuku a warm and gentle hug amd the two smiled at each other before gently letting go.