Chapter 3

"I'm not sure but from the sudden bunch of presents this morning from mum, I think she has been told a date... but hasn't told me..."

Izuku shrunk in on himself as he looked around at the expensive gifts his mum bought, they were all a fanboy could ever want or need.

"Plus, even with more time, Kacchan still doesn't like me that way and wouldn't want to date a Deku like me anyway."

He sighed and looked down.

"Don't say that you should still try!" Kirishima exclaimed making both of his hands into fists and smiling again.

He didn't really know what was going on but he wanted to support his bro's friend since they seemed close. Anything for a bro.

He looked at Izuku in anticipation and got a small smile back in return.

"I guess... I can try..." Izuku said quietly without looking up. He clenched his own small hands in fright of this development.

After all, a decade in a hospital had destroyed his sense of the outer world and the person he liked was his babyhood bully. He had no self confidence but maybe...

"That's the spirit!"  Mina, clearly happy about this development, shouted with glee. "Time to start this BakuDeku operation!!!"

"What's a BakuDeku?" Izuku asked tilting his head to the side.

"It's your ship name of course!!!." Mina responded jumping with giddy excitement.
"Ship?" Izuku asked confused by a term he'd never thought would be used here.

He's heard of ships on the great big ocean though. He had always wanted to see the large body of water gently rushing up the sides of a tall ship. The salty ocean breeze and the cold foam breaking in gentle harmony.

He's only read about them in stories and has never gone out of the hospital but the fact that he knows that it's real, makes him so happy.

"You have a lot to learn Izuku..." Mina said with an eerie smile, "you have a lot to learn."

As Bakugou made his way back upstairs, he heard a lot of noise from the room Izuku was in. He expected only Kirishima would be fine with Izuku's lack of communication and was relieved to know he gets along fine.

When Bakugou opened the door, the rowdy room went quiet and he saw everyone just stare at him.
"What?" Bakugou said while confused as he looked back at everyone.
"Nothing of your concern." Mina giggled with a mischievous grin as she swung her hips exaggeratedly to get Bakugou and Izuku next to each other.

"Hey Bakubro why don't you sit next to Izuku." Kirishima said with a wide flashy smile as he got up to grab the games off Bakugou.
"What the fuck is wrong with you guys?" Bakugou asked while taking a seat next to Izuku and glared at the other bodies in the room.

"Ooooo~ let's play this game!!! I'm not playing though, I want to see my dream team play again, Denki!! Partner up with Kirishima! Oh! Bakugou, could you be a team with Izuku because I just want to watch." Mina said while holding back smiles.

"For real though, why are you guys acting so fucking weird?" Bakugou questioned while Mina was giggling. Kaminari took the game and plugged everything in before sitting back next to Kirishima.

For the rest of the day Izuku, Bakugou and the trio from the Bakusquad played a whole bunch of games and had a lot of fun. Katsuki being the explosive boy he was, had many instantaneous rages and made many small but potent explosions from his hands every time Kirishima or Denki did something to get a point.

Denki, since he never did any studying, was a pro at the games and with Kirishima as his partner, they were one of the best teams around.

However, Bakugou just doesn't lose.

That's it, he doesn't lose.

Izuku spent most his free time between checkups and surgeries, analysing heroes through the TV screen and drawing. He wasn't very good at the game but his teamwork with Bakugou was flawless.

Bakugou just didn't lose.

Izuku hadn't had that much fun in so long and the time flew. Eventually visiting hours had ended and everyone had to leave.

"Bye Izuku!!! I had fun!" Mina smiled as she danced ahead down the path. "Yeah we should come here again!" Kirishima said while smiling at Izuku with encouragement.
"Heck yeah dude, you cool" Denki added while running after Mina who stopped ahead to wave back at them.

Izuku sat on his wheelchair as he watched the trio from the Bakusquad disappear and he sadly sighed from the loss of the noise. He breathed in the cool night air as he gently stretched his body.

"Let's get you inside nerd" a harsh and rough voice said as the wheelchair was spun around and pushed back into the hospital. Despite the words, the pushing was very gentle and the corners of the corridors were all smooth making Izuku start to blush. He was alone with Bakugou.

The ride back was comfortable and silent as Izuku leaned back and enjoyed the pushing. Bakugou was busy looking ahead for anything that might get in the nerd's way, wait no...his way. The fucking nerd just happened to be there, yes, that's the case.

The ride back was only a couple minutes long but time dragged and seemed to take forever. Everything was out of focus and nothing was wrong.

Warm orange pink light streamed down through the windows from the settings sun. The windows were slightly open sending the curtains billowing around. They were like the sails on the ships he dreamed about gently bobbing on foaming sea waves.

Izuku closed his eyes as the gentle rocking motion of the wheelchair made him think and wish to one day see the great ocean. He wished Bakugou could be there with him. He wished...that maybe...just maybe...he could believe Mina and confess...

Before time's up...