Chapter 9

Friday 1st

Bakugou aced all his lessons like usual and even the ones he usually wouldn't since Deku was there to make notes. He was going to be the greatest hero and was going to show Deku that he could definitely do so.

He made it his mission to make Deku's time left the best life ever and every time he saw the dazzling smile, the guilt that ate at him shrank little by little.

It was late afternoon when school finished like usual and Bakugou didn't have any detentions as he was on his best behaviour in front of Deku. The two were inseparable during class and outside of class.

The winter sun was setting and the clouds were bright orange with pink edges and Bakugou was gently pushing Deku around the empty campus.

They started from the school gates letting Deku experience the feel of opening the security with Bakugou's key and watching the doors unfold. They went up the path and towards the main building while Deku took in the towering sights.

The large UA logo beamed down and Deku's eyes shone with delight.

They strolled through every corridor on the ground floor, seeing the canteen area and breezing past the classrooms. They went round and round, up and up until night had fallen and they reached the roof. It was a cloudy night but the moon could be seen.

It illuminated the two and they stood there in comfortable silence.

Izuku was nodding off to sleep and Bakugou gently smiled at the sight. He took off his large blazer and covered the sleeping boy before wheeling them back towards the dorms.

He gently picked up Izuku from his wheelchair and changed him before tucking him into bed. Once his temperature was checked and the drips were attached, he ruffled Izuku's hair one last time before turning off the lights.

"Good night Deku."

Saturday 2nd

The next morning, Izuku woke up with a bright smile on his face. Kacchan said that they would go to the shopping district that day and that thought rotated around his mind constantly.

He lifted himself up and unattached the drips from his arm before he realised...who put them in last night?

There was only one answer and his face flushed bright red as hazy memories filled his head.

"Good night Deku.... "

"Aaaahhhalbxxbksooidhnmmagggddhhhgggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Izuku blushed as he saw his pajamas. He had to get help with getting changed yesterday!!! He was so embarrassed and had to gently shake his head to get rid of the thought.

He was about to get changed when he saw Bakugou's blazer on the side of his bed...

*Poof!*

His face was red as a tomato and he wheeled himself into the bathroom. He splashed cold water on his face and looked into the mirror, his cheeks were still red.

He sighed longingly before getting undressed and had a quick bath. Showers were getting to stressful for his body and would sometimes hit with enough force to start dissolving him.

Bakugou had just woken up from his nightmare and was in a cold sweat. He ran into the shower and got ready for the day pushing his pain and anguish aside. He put on a scowl like usual and stomped towards Deku's room in his casual clothes.

He had the spare key so he knocked and let himself in.

Deku at that moment wheeled himself out of the bathroom in only a towel and Bakugou's guilt skyrocketed as he saw how pale Deku was.

He smiled through his pain and helped Deku get dressed. Once ready, the two left the campus and in a taxi to the shopping district.

The mall was quieter than usual since it was early December. No one was really out buying presents and the trees weren't out just yet. It was the perfect time go just leisurely stroll. Deciding to buy presents for everyone, Bakugou wheeled Deku around to certain shops and recommend him the things the classmates would like.

They stopped by the stationary shop and Izuku looked through the notebooks. He had an idea and bought a really nice plain one with thick leather sides.

They wandered around further until they reached the garden center and Bakugou pushed them right inside. They didn't really need to look around since a certain tree caught both their eyes.

It was a baby bonsai tree that had green and red leaves. The bark was a shiny black and it just seemed to perfect for the two.

They smiled at each other before picking it up and taking it to the counter.

The whole afternoon flew past and it was about 4:30 when Bakugou thought it would be best to eat something and go home. He brought Deku to a hero café and sat down at the table. He passed over a menu before taking off his cap, only to take notice that the whole café had gone silent.

They were all looking at him and Deku tilted his head in confusion.

The waiter came over to Bakugou before awkwardly asking, "are-are you the student who won the UA sports festival?"

The waiter looked terrified as Bakugou was about to start yelling but Deku's voice answered first. "Yes it was him!!! He was so cool wasn't he?!?"

The rest of the café now looked at the forest hair colored boy and saw his happy emerald eyes almost glowing with pride. The sight was so adorable that many customers started smiling too and the whole atmosphere became all fluffy.

The waiter offered their meal on the house and Deku immediately ordered the Winner of US Sports Festival meal. There was a collectable Bakugou figurine that he just had to have.

Bakugou sighed before ordering the All Might meal and the two happily ate until their evening taxi came to pick them up.

That evening, while Bakugou was starting to wrap the presents, Deku took out his notebook and opened the first page.

"Dear Kacchan".