Chapter 80: There Was No Doubt

Start from the beginning

"Let him go," she demanded, "What did he do wrong?"

"You came back with more than a scratch," Shota scoffed, "He knew what would happen if he didn't protect you. It's not like I wish to kill him. He's known me ever since I was born."

"And that's your excuse for doing something like that to him?!" the girl said, ripping her wrist out of the redhead's hand.

"I wouldn't have to if you just loved me already!"

"Maybe if you weren't so cruel to others, I would have!"

Shota froze in his tracks, paralyzed with the realization that she was more correct than he was. He knew how empathetic the girl was towards others. In fact, that was the whole reason she was there with them; to protect the people she loved. Thoughts and theories floated around his mind as he debated if she would have loved him easier without force. He was snapped out of his inner argument as he heard the girl walking away from him. It filled him with a distinct feeling of loneliness. If only he could erase her memories and start anew with her.

"You had better let him go," (Y/n) said, warningly, "Or I won't so much as look at you."

"You know what'll happen if you ignore me!" Shota screamed, clenching his fists so hard he drew blood, "I don't care who has to suffer! I'm not someone you get to ignore! Go through with it and I'll end not only the student council president's life, but that Yui girl and your family, too!"

The girl looked back with a disgusted expression, but the redhead held his ground. They both knew he was serious in his threat; that he would do anything to get her attention and affection. However, for all of his planning and intelligence, he neglected one very important thing that would've prevented him from doing anything. (Y/n) motioned to the others around the table, including Yamato though he was still having a very difficult time breathing. Then she placed her hand on Takuya's head, making the boy smile widely.

"I know you would," she said quietly, "but you forgot that this isn't only about you. If I ask them, I've no doubt Takuya and Akari will stop you from hurting anyone. And since you've now made an enemy of Yamato, he'll probably do the same."

"Is that what you think?!" Shota growled, "You think that your disobedience will stand with them?! You're not being very cooperative and you shouldn't be rewarded for that! They won't do a thing! It's in their best interest to let me teach you a lesson!"

"You're wrong," (Y/n) said quietly, placing her chin on Takuya's head and throwing her arms around his neck in a hugging manner, "I've been very cooperative with the others. It's just you that I refuse to be nice with since you've done something terrible. Hey, Takuya? Would you let Shota hurt someone?"

The white-haired boy froze. He wasn't used to the affection and confrontation that the girl was presenting him with. She was willingly hugging him, after all. He couldn't dismiss it as something ordinary and his heart was beating a million miles a minute. Thus, he placed his hands on the girl's arm, cuddling into her touch as a way of thanking her for her affection. Although Shota scowled at the boy and did his best to intimidate him, he couldn't have cared less with (Y/n) hugging him.

"Of course not, sweetheart," the boy beamed, blushing from the term of endearment he had used for her, "I love you."

"And you, Haru?" the girl continued, seeing Shota's surprised state.

"I have no reason to let him hurt anyone," the brunette shrugged, "So I guess not. But, could I have a hug, too?"

To assure Shota that the gamer wouldn't allow him to do anything, the girl humored him with a small embrace that lit up the brunette's world. Yamato began laughing hysterically even if his voice was strained due to his partially-closed airway. Seeing the redhead struggle to intimidate or force someone into doing what he wanted was truly a sight to see. It was rare - if impossible - for him to be outsmarted by another, and the thought greatly amused the male.