Chapter 3- The story never ends

Start from the beginning

I brushed out all my thoughts and headed to the shower. The warm bits of water felt nice as it found its way on my body. I had no choice but use Lindsey's strawberry shampoo, since I didn't pack mine.

I took about twenty minutes in the shower, tied myself up in a towel and got out of the bathroom. I realized I didn't have extra clothes packed. I shouted Lindsey's name through the hallway till she came to the room. "What?" She asked.

"Can I borrow your T-shirt for the night?"

"Yeah...sure. You'll get me in the living room when you done dressed." She answered as she got out and locked the door behind her.

After I got dressed up. I climbed down the stairs, then hallway and to the living room. Lindsey was sitted on the white couch watching television. She had already eaten half of the pizza. Damn this girl can eat. If I weren't here, she could have eaten all of it. She glanced at me when I reached to sit next to her.

"So there's this group I was put on Instagram. It's really cool and I wanted you to join." She explained excitedly. I grabbed a slice of pizza as I turned to face her.

"Nah, I'm not interested." I spoke, making my way through the pizza.

She gave me an intent look. "Oh come on, Xhey. Cheer up a little. Make new friends."

"No I'm fine. I have you." I replied with contentment.

The thing about me, I knew a lot of people but I didn't talk to them. I was like a popular loner. If you get what I mean.

"Fine..I'll just add you whether you like it or not." she blabbered.

Even when she put me in groups, I was so quiet. I never texted anything or sent a voice note in the groups. Like I said, I hated people. They were just weird. That's why.

A notification popped up on the screen of my phone, and it seemed like she added me in the damn group. Aarrggh, she was so insisting. I growled at her a little bit pissed, but she pulled out a smirk off her lips.

"I'll dye your hair black."

"And I'll hate you for the rest of my miserable life." She answered with hatred.

I honestly didn't even know why she hated black hair. She would rather dye her hair blue or some weird color, but not black. She claimed black is too common, and she hated being in the majority. Lol.

It clocked 11:40pm, and I could see Lindsey's eyes get heavy. This reminded me that I had work tomorrow.

"I'm off to bed. Catch you later." A yawn escaped out of her mouth as she spoke. She stood up and got upstairs to her bedroom, and I was left alone in the living room.
I looked through the messages of the group she put me in.

As usual, everyone was weird to me. A text from Yosef popped up in my DMs. "Hey, are you still pissed at me?🥺".

I felt sad that he was the one apologizing. I didn't know what  to reply, but I replied anyway.

"No, I'm not pissed...and besides its me who should apologize. I over reacted🙂." He read the message and left me on seen. I hated that. I hated being left on seen... argh. It was like what I said was useless. I wondered why people do that? I can't leave a person on seen, because I knew how it felt.

I left that aside and scrolled through my posts. I got a new follower and she liked all my posts. I tapped her profile and stalked her. I don't know if this was weird, but before I followed someone back, I had to stalk their profile.

She had 321k followers and I was mesmerized. She looked like these Instagram models, posting every time and she got good likes. I wondered how she could follow me. Someone like me who didn't look cool with just 4000 followers.

She had long dark brown hair, her eyes of a dark brown shade like mine, her lips round and full in shape like Kylie Jenner's. Her eyebrows were well shaped above her eyes. She was light skinned, her nose was small and it looked so cute. I just liked it. Damn she was pretty. I had to admit.

As I was still stalking her, I heard Lindsey coming down the stairs. She was wearing a boyfriend T-shirt. She stared at me, still looking sleepy.

"What time are you entering bed? It's approaching 1:00 am Xhey, and you have work tomorrow." A concerned look on her face now. "Come cuddle up with me in bed. I'm bored."

"Lol, bored? Thought you was sleeping." I said trying to hide a smile escaping from my lips.

"Come on, lets go sleep."

With that, she grabbed my hand lightly, and we found our way to her bedroom.

When we got to her room, I closed the door behind me and headed for the bed. Lindsey removed the sandals she had worn and entered her bed too. She came close and cuddled up with me, till she fell asleep.

I still had no sleep, and for a moment I started staring at her. She looked good even when she was asleep. Her light snores made  me chuckle a little. They were in fact cute. I didn't know if I snored too, but if I did, I'd wish they would sound like Lindsey's.

A small strand of my hair accidentally laid on her face. I slowly removed it, before it could tickle her. Unlike me, she was a heavy sleeper. Even if a thief broke into her house, she wouldn't hear, and that wasn't good.

I was so sleepless that I started staring at the ceiling too. I thought about my new family I was going to have. I don't know why I didn't like Jerry.

Something about him felt wrong. Can he take care of mum? The bills in the house and all?

After a long time of thinking, I just glanced at my phone and it was 3am, just like I predicted. I turned off the lamp on my side of the table and forced myself to sleep. Within five minutes, my eyes started getting heavy and I don't remember what next.

>

The alarm on my phone rang, guessing it was now 7am. I hated that fact that I had less sleep yesterday night. I turned off the snooze button and slightly opened my eyes. Lindsey was still deep in sleep. Looked like an alarm couldn't even wake her up. She was all wrapped up on me that I couldn't get out of bed.

"Hey you, it's already morning. I might get late for work." I snapped shaking her off me. She tightened her arms around me not letting me go. Then I saw a small smile planted on her lips, guessing she was now awake. "Come on Lindsey, I have to go. It's getting late." I continued wailing as I pulled myself off her.

"Is that a way of saying good morning? You coulda given me a kiss you know." Her green  eyes opened and she smirked.

"Not again stupid."

I jumped out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. She was so annoying. She always acted all gay on me. It was kinda cool but scary too. I brushed that off my head and took a shower. I always took 15-20 minutes in the bathroom. Once I was done, I got  some clothes of Lindsey's since I didn't carry any that were proper for work. I put on a black vest and boyfriends jean accompanied with a belt on my waist, and white sneakers.

I then headed to the kitchen, took a glass of water and said bye to Lindsey, who was still too lazy to get out of bed. I entered my car and started off to the restaurant I worked from.