Chapter 3- The story never ends

Start from the beginning

I got my phone out of my purse and saw that it was 10:00pm. I felt like I should text him and apologize, but I couldn't. I just didn't know how to compose myself. I decided to check his messages and mine on Instagram, since Lindsey texted him in the afternoon.

Yosef: "Hey 👋🏻remember me?"

Xhey: "Yes..hyd 😊."

Yosef: "Great..your beautiful by the way❤️wanna hangout sometime?🙂"

Xhey: "Sure thing..I'll be glad🙃."

I froze at what Lindsey had texted. Like I mean, I didn't have the guts to text someone like she did. I was a shy, person. I didn't even know the last time I went out on a date. Oh wait, it's not a date. It's just hanging out.  "I'm so weird.... I don't know if anyone can handle the version of me." I whispered to myself. 

I got startled by a knock on my car window, and glanced to see who was knocking. It was Lindsey. I opened the door getting out of the car.

"What took you so long? Been waiting for over an hour now." She sounded furious.

I wanted to tell her what happened back at the store, but this was enough drama for the day. I didn't want to hear her shout excitedly, like me and Yosef were already together.

"Nothing dude. I just got a flat tyre, and had to repair it." I lied, but she wasn't that stupid enough to believe, though she left it at that.

"So, where's my pizza? I'm so hungry." She raised a brow and made her way to my back seat, searching for it.

"I got a milkshake for you too. Strawberry." I smiled.

"Mwaaahhh..I could kiss you." She gave me a peck on my right cheek and hugged me. I hugged her back and got the milkshakes out, while she carried the pizza.

So here's the thing, me and Lindsey are so tight that we do silly stuff, like she can even kiss me on my lips. Not that we lesbians or something, it just happens. That's how tight we're. We've never  kissed before, but she can do that. I know her. Though we straight.... Yes straight!

I locked my car with it's keys and headed to the main door of her house. She entered first while I followed behind her, and locked the door behind me. She turned to her left leading to the kitchen and placed the pizza on the table, which I did the same with the milkshakes.

"Wanna take a shower?" She asked me.

"Uh, sure."

"You could use my bathroom or the guests' on your right near the hallway." She explained.

"I'll use yours." I concluded.

"Feel free."

She then picked a slice of pizza from the box. I moved to the hall way then branched to my left, climbing the stairs leading to her bedroom. "Dont use my strawberry shampoo!" She shouted through the hallway with emphasis.

I entered the her room that always smelt like strawberries. She was a sucker for anything that had strawberries. That's what made her unique...for me. I glanced at her bed. She still had the teddy bear I bought for her on her birthday. This brought a smile on my face. The little things matter.

I headed to her bathroom and ripped the clothes off my body.

I walked towards the mirror stuck on the wall next to the sink where she brushes her teeth from. The mirror had that patina of age over the bronze frame, likewise, the surface of the glass was splotched black in places.

I looked at myself and wondered what a jerk I am. My brown eyes were filled with sadness. A lot of things had happened today. My mums news of getting married, then now Yosef. I wondered why I reacted like that. He was just getting to know me. But how does someone get to know you by acting all gangster and all?