Chapter 10 - The Morning After

The first thing [F/N] heard when he awoke was click of cameras and quiet giggling. Blearily he opened his eyes to investigate and looked up to find almost the entire team standing over him. Sugawara and Tanaka were both pointing cameras down at him. 

It took him a moment to register why but once he did his face lit up with a blush. It seems in the middle of the night he must have invaded Asahi's space because now here he was, torso snuggled into the ace's grasp and their legs entangled.

Immediately he let go and rolled out of the larger boys grasp before sitting up. "It's not what it looks like!" [F/N] said in a panic.

"Really? Because it sure looks like you and Asahi-san were cuddling," said Daichi sounding almost accusatory. "Ah it was an accident! I was asleep I didn't mean to!" said the [H/C] haired boy in an attempt to defend himself.

Hoping to avoid further questioning he stood and scrambled towards the kitchen while mumbling something about starting breakfast. Once he was gone the cluster dispersed allowing Suga a moment to glance at Daichi and murmur, "Did you see his neck?"

Interest suddenly drawn the black haired male damn near snapped his neck turning to look at his friend. "No why?"

"Go see for yourself while he makes breakfast" was all Sugawara said before turning away to get changed. Curiosity burning, the captain quickly walked to the kitchen and took a seat at the counter on a bar stool chair. 

"Any requests for breakfast captain?" asked [F/N] as he turned to grin at Daichi, who's eyes widened as he got a good look at the fellow male's neck. Sure enough, there were small dark bruises along his adam's apple and collarbone, just as Suga had warned. "Hey uh earth to Daichi," said [F/N] in confusion as he watched the third year gape at him and attempt to form words. 

"Oh! Uh, pancakes!" he said, simply blurting out the first breakfast food that came to mind in hopes to not be caught staring despite the fact that such a ship had already sailed. Laughing a bit at the others awkward behavior, [F/N] just turned around a got to work with his new goal of pancakes, not bothering to linger on the strange moment. 

Meanwhile Daichi was thinking a mile a minute, trying to figure where the obvious hickeys had come from. Did [F/N] have a girlfriend? No it couldn't be that, he'd been with the team all last night and he hadn't seen such marks on him when they all got changed after practice. The black haired male's jaw nearly hit the floor when he came to the conclusion it must have been someone on the team. 

Face flushing, and brows pulling together in anger, Daichi continued to theorize who it could have been while he watched [F/N]'s form move throughout the kitchen. He was soon interrupted by the rest of the team coming in, dressed in casual clothes and their faces washed.

Innocently, Tanaka sat down in the chair next to Daichi but jumped when he turned to see his captain glaring holes into the kitchen counter. "What's wrong with Daichi?" the bald headed male attempted to whisper to Noya who had just sat next to him. Unfortunately he sucked at whispering.

Turning his glare to the second years, Daichi said "Nothing's wrong me Tanaka"

They both jumped under his intense and searching look. The third year quickly concluded it wasn't them, no matching marks on either of them.

As Daichi continued his search, now with Suga at his side, [F/N] kept busy with breakfast. He was currently making a giant batch of scrambled eggs, bacon, and tons of pancakes. It was enough work already, but the add on of Hinata constantly asking to help wasn't making anything easier. 

[F/N] attempted to let him help by flipping the pancakes, but quickly took that duty away after Hinata over enthusiastically flipped one pancake so high it stuck to the ceiling. Laughing, Asahi walked over and peeled the offending pancake off the ceiling before throwing it away.