Chapter 4 - First Practice

The next day after classes were over, [F/N] and Hinata walked together to practice. Naturally the orange haired player was as chatty and excitable as ever. Today his friend seemed unusually enthusiastic as well.
"Are you excited for practice" Hinata asked and [F/N] nodded vigorously.
He sighed remorsefully while remembering how stubborn he'd been and waisted his summer. "It's been so long since I really got to play.... I missed the feeling of the ball beneath my hand".
Hinata began rambling about how amazing volleyball was while making strange noises like 'swish' and 'gwah'.
However [F/N] wasn't really listening, instead he was trying to calm his mounting nerves. His head was full of worries about the team not liking him so that his only chances of playing were ruined.
Before he knew it, Hinata was once again throwing open the metal doors and pulling him inside the gym.
"Glad to see you actually showed up [L/N]" called Daichi playfully while he and Suga put up the net. "Wouldn't miss it for the world" [F/N] replied with a grin as he followed Hinata to the changing room.
Most of the team was already in the gym but Tanaka and Nishinoya were still changing. When they saw their newest teammate both grinned.
"I hope your still as good as you were in middle school" said Nishinoya teasingly while pulling on his shirt.
[F/N] quickly stripped off his uniform and threw on some clothes for practice while nodding. "Haha well I'm probably a little rusty" he responded good naturedly.
All four of them left the room together and joined the rest of the team. Upon Daichi's command they all stretched then ran several laps to warm up. From there, they began working on diving receives.
Obviously Nishinoya and Daichi were the best out of the team but [F/N] was pretty close on their tails. "Woah that was actually really good" complimented Nishinoya.
Smiling and shaking his head [F/N] said "ah not as good as yours though Nishinoya", "call me Noya".
[F/N] paused for a moment then nodded and insisted "sure but call me [N/N]". Hinata overheard this conversation and was quick to start calling his friend that as well.
Practice continued to go smoothly and [F/N] managed to keep up well. He did a particularly good job when they were practicing spikes.
The newest player for Karasuno was sipping from his water bottle as he watched Hinata jump. It still amazed him how high he could go. "Nice spike" he called and the orange haired player beamed at him.
By the end of practice, everyone was exhausted. Especially [F/N] who was laying on the cold gym floor. His water bottle sat next to his side but he was much too tired to pick it up.
Grinning sneakily, Noya came up from his blind side and swiped the bottle. Tanaka and the libero exchanged trouble making glances.
Before anybody got the chance to stop them, Noya unscrewed the lid and dumped all the water of [F/N]. He sat bolt up right from the floor, spluttering and drenched in water.
"BHAHAHAHAH!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE" the two mischievous players cackled. After getting over the initial shock, [F/N] joined in the laughter and flicked water up at both of them.
All three of them stopped laughing as Daichi approached. The captain looked highly irritated.
Noya and Tanaka stood with bowed heads as he scolded them. But they both shrieked indignantly when he smacked them upside the head.
Then Daichi turned to [F/N], Who flinched. The defensive player just sighed and said "make sure to help clean up this mess as well [N/N]".
With that the captain extended a hand to pull him up. [F/N] grinned at being let off the hook and stood up with Daichi's help. Unfortunately he stood up with too much force and the floor was still slippery.
Seconds later he and Daichi both toppled to the floor, with [F/N] on top. They landed so that the captain was on his back with his legs apart. Awkwardly, [F/N] had fallen right in between Daichi's spread legs, so they were in quite the intimate position.
Laughing [F/N] propped himself up and moved away, unintentionally brushing his hand against Daichi's crotch and thighs. He couldn't help but notice that his captain had really nice, muscular thighs.
The black haired third year scrambled up from the floor and stalked off. Sadly for him, everyone on the team noticed his crimson blush.
Everyone waited until Daichi was in the changing room to burst out laughing. [F/N] was the loudest of all of them, even though he'd just gotten water poured on him.
Speaking of that, his practice shirt was soaked and making him quite cold. So [F/N] reached up to pull it off.
He hadn't even gotten the shirt over his head when he realized the whole team was staring at him. "What".
Quickly they all looked away, muttering excuses. Well expect for Hinata who blurted out what they were thinking "woah [N/N] you have awesome abs".
[F/N] blushed a little but said confusedly "um thanks". The other players whole heartedly agreed with Hinata but sent him glared as he stepped closer.
Completely oblivious, the orange haired player poked [F/N]'s stomach and he giggled.
"Ah [N/N] are you ticklish" he asked grinning and the other player immediately pulled his shirt down.
"Yah I am but don't you dare try anything" he said hastily while crossing his arms to shield himself from tickles.
The others laughed as they all headed off to the changing rooms, joining their captain. When they entered Daichi was still a little flushed but less angry now.
[F/N] made sure to dry off, since he had to walk home and it was a particularly windy night. All of the boys chatted happily as they redressed.
"Hey [N/N] let's exchange numbers" said Noya out of the blue and the other player enthusiastically agreed. Within minutes the whole team had [F/N]'s phone number along with an invitation to 'call him whenever'.
That night as [F/N] walked home, he smiled the whole way. "It's good to be back" he said aloud, to the night sky.

Hey hey hey! Sorry it's been a while since the last update, I'm just busy with school shit and stuff. Ples excuse any spelling / grammar errors and I hope you enjoyed!