Now & Forever

A/N: The ring that's in the last part of this chapter is in the sidebar, got it? And read the Author's Note at the end, please :)

Aleka Ortega

I winced as I pulled the heels off my feet, watching in disappointment as the bruises began to form. Letting a shaky breath out through my gritted teeth, I jumped at the sound of her voice. Throwing the heels to the side of the hotel room, I stood up abruptly, looking from side to side as I went over my options.

“ALEKA! YOU FORGOT TO TRY ON THE EYELINER!” I heard Eliana exclaim, and heard her coming down the hall. The doors were wide open, and if I closed them, she would figure out I was here and find me. I ran to the bedroom Zayn and I shared, and heard the water from the shower running in the bathroom. Letting out a frustrated groan, I sprinted off to the bathroom and opened the door, leaving it open behind me.

I threw open the shower curtain and made Zayn jump as I climbed inside, making sure I kept my eyes glued to his eyes as I did so. I could tell he was sort of smirking, but I just rolled my eyes and pulled the shower curtain closed again.

“Aleka, what are you-“

I threw a hand over his mouth, feeling the water from his wet quiff drip onto my fingers. I heard Eliana calling for me in the bedroom.

“I… Uh… I’m in the shower!” I yelled back, and could hear the clattering of her heels in the bathroom as she walked in. Zayn’s eyes widened and his hands darted downward, and my eyes also widened. I wondered how awkward it would be for Eliana to pull the curtain… Wait, she wouldn’t. She wouldn’t do something like that.

“Should I do the blue eye shadow or green? For the bridesmaids’ dresses, I mean?” I heard her ask. I removed my hand from Zayn’s mouth and placed a finger to my lips, signaling for him to be quiet. He shook his head and smiled before squirting some shampoo into his open palm, and lathering it through the dark hair that was atop his head. I watched in amusement, but then remembered Eliana’s question. “Aleka? You alive, over there?”

“Oh, uh, blue,” I answered, feeling the legs of my jeans getting damp from the water. “I… Uh… I’ll meet you at the meeting, yeah?”

“Alright, see you,” Eliana said, and I heard the clicking of her heels once again as she walked out of the bathroom.

“That was a close one,” I breathed, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. Zayn leaned in and gave me a long kiss on the lips as he was washing his shoulders with shower gel. I pulled away. “That was an awkward kiss… I’ll leave you to your shower, now.”

He chuckled as my cheeks flushed a deep red color when I pulled open the shower curtain and stepped out, using the elastic band on my wrist to pull my frizzy hair into a bun at the top of my head. Not long afterward, Zayn stepped out with a white hotel towel tied around his waist.

“I feel bad for her husband…” he joked, as he walked into the living room in gym shorts, shirtless. As he sat next to me, I smacked his arm playfully. “Oi!”

“Zayn! That’s not nice!” I exclaimed.

“Oh, I was only joking, babe,” he said, leaning in for another kiss. I leaned away, and he pouted at me. “Oh, come on. No kiss for Zayn?”

“You’re in time out. Now come watch The Lion King with me.”

“Disney? Again? I swear, you and Liam should have a movie marathon.”

I smacked his arm again.

“Maybe I should keep my mouth shut,” he said.

“Hmph. Maybe you should,” I said, leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips.