I kissed Sandra harder and gripped the nape of her neck. She groaned, “Dave…”. I was reminded of that night with Kath and how good it felt. I should be worried because what I am feeling right now with Sandra, is no match for that night.

•|•|•

Our fun ended and we entered the car about to leave. Kyle drove off in his car and we left the park.  “I had a really good time Kath. Thanks for today” Chioma said as we were about to drop her.

“No problem” Kath smiled and Ayo dropped everyone home before leaving. After we got in and changed, Kath approached me. “You look upset Dave” she said, “what happened?”.

“Nothing” I scowled, looking away.

“Don’t lie to me” Kath urged, “is it about Kyle?”.

“Yes! Because I don’t understand what you are doing Kath! You have a silly reason for dating Kyle, you don’t want to tell me who your mystery love, why are you hiding things from me?!” I raged. I looked at Kath upset and she looked upset as well.
“I’m sorry Dave, but I can’t tell you anything” She said, “I hope you will be my friend and not ask any questions. I just need you to be there for me”.

I looked away in anger. I knew she wouldn’t say anything. I got up drawing my chair loudly behind me. “Whatever Kath, whatever” I said and left the room.

The next day, I went to work. I was still upset with Kath but I had to respect her decisions. It’s not like I can do anything anyways. After work, I went over to see Sandra. “I am really glad that Kath is going out with Kyle” Sandra said.

I frowned at Sandra, “why is that?”.

“she needs someone to love. I mean, isn’t it sad to see a young beautiful twenty two year old girl lonely?” Sandra said sympathetically, “Kath is a happy person but she needs to find a partner”.

I grunted in disagreement but said nothing. “Hey, was sleep with someone really part of Kath’s wishes?” Sandra asked sounding amused.

My heart skipped a beat and I answered slowly, “yeah”.
“now she has Kyle, he is her boyfriend. I am sure she will take the opportunity” Sandra said amused and turned back to the kitchen.

I frowned. Will she…no, Kath won’t. I already helped Kath with that so she shouldn’t even dare. I found myself gripping the cushion tightly. “she wouldn’t” I said with gritted teeth.

“How would you know?” Sandra said accusingly. I kept quiet as I began to think it through. Sex is addicting, would she really try it with Kyle?

I came home absentmindedly. If Kath did it with Kyle, I would…I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Kath wouldn’t do that. Sam came home and so did mom. I didn’t see Kath. “where is Kath?” I asked.

“She called to say she would be with Kyle” Sam answered, “didn’t she tell you?”. Imagine my shock when I heard that, the plate I was holding fell from my hand.

“Dave!” Mom called scoldingly.

“She did what?!” I exclaimed, ignoring mom. Mom bent down to pick the broken shards. I helped her too but my attention was on Sam.