“Yes guys, I invited Kyle” Kath said, “also, he is my temporary boyfriend”. Everyone looked shocked, including me. Boyfriend?! Since when?!

“Boyfriend?!” I exclaimed in disbelief Ayo looked just as shocked. “You didn’t even tell me!” Ayo pouted displeased.

“You are leaving in two days!” I exclaimed in disbelief. If she is leaving in two days. why does she need a  boyfriend? Everyone looked to Kath for answers.

“You guys are overreacting, jeez. I said temporary boyfriend which means, I am still leaving. I am just dating Kyle to know what it feels like to date” Kath explained.

Sandra dropped her head and shook it in disbelief. “Oh Kath, you’re crazy”. I totally agree with you Sandy.

“Okay, this is going to be awkward but I’m happy for you” Ayo said solemnly. I shot him a ‘are you really doing this’ look and he shrugged. I raised up my arms and said, “I give up on understanding you Kath, I give up”.

I walked away and everything went back to normal. Kath joined me and I gripped her shoulders. “Are you serious?” I whispered panicked, “Kyle? We had a fight that night, he knows the events of that night and you brought him here as your boyfriend?!”.

“Calm down Dave” Kath hissed in pain. She removed my hands from her shoulders. “I knew Kyle would be upset after what happened that night so I went to see him and said you were just being protective of me. I offered him the chance to be my boyfriend” Kath explained, “by doing that, I mended your friendship with him and he will not say anything about that fight”.

I looked at Kath contemplatively. I don’t like that she is being Kyle’s girlfriend just for that. “you are Kyle’s girlfriend because of you want to keep the fight a secret?” I asked eyeing her skeptically.

“Yes” Kath answered, “that and I want to know what it feels like to have a boyfriend”. My fists clenched at my side and I nodded stiffly, “okay”.

“Kath!”. We looked to our side and saw Kyle approaching us. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Kyle reached us and put his arm around Kath’s waist. I tried to hide my displeasure.

“Hey” Kyle nodded stiffly at me. Kath smiled at Kyle, “Kyle, Dave wants to apologize for what happened last time. He is really sorry”.

I shot a glare at Kath but she blatantly ignored it. Dang it Kath! Kath and Kyle looked at me expectantly and I sighed calming myself. “I…I am really sorry” I forced out, “I was just being protective of Kath. I care for her a lot and I didn’t want her to get hurt. Sorry about that day”.

Kyle eyed me skeptically but shrugged, “it’s okay. Kath had explained to me before. I understand and it’s okay”. I nodded stiffly and left their presence. Why is Kath doing this? What happened to her mystery love? Or is Kyle really him?

I returned to Sandra but I really wasn’t at ease. Seeing Kath and another guy was so infuriating. “Ah! Stop!” Kath laughed. Kyle was splashing water on her. He suddenly grabbed her and kissed her, in front of everyone.

I gripped the table harder and looked away angrily. “Is something wrong?” Sandra asked worried. I forced a smile, “I’m good”. I decided to kiss her to get my mind off Kath. I shouldn’t be thinking about her. I shouldn’t be feeling like this, but I can’t help it.