He looks in your eyes, in deep thought. "...I know. I just wish I did better." "What matters is you did your best." You leave his arms and sit on the foot of his bed. "Which side do you want?" You ask. He laughs. "I usually sleep on the left, by the clock, but it's your choice tonight."

You lay down on the right side anyway, and get under his down comforter. "C'mon!" You say patting the bed next to you. He smiles, just looking at you. "You're so cute." You bury into the covers more and wait for him. Soon he gets under the covers with you, and turns his light off. "Goodnight (y/n).." "goodnight Steven."

You both fall silent, rustling every now and then to get comfortable. After awhile, Steven was still shuffling and you knew he was still awake. "Something on your mind Steven?" He sighs and turns over to face you. "I'm just overthinking about stuff." "Just tell me what's wrong, Steven." He sighs again and puts an arm over you, pulling you into him.

"I'm trying to figure out how I'm Gonna fix you. I'm thinking about your mom, and if there's anything more about her you should know. I'm thinking about flourite, and how different it felt. I'm thinking about a lot. And I can't stop." He mumbles the last few sentences into your hair as he hugs you tighter.

"it's ok Steven. I know you wanna help me, but you really don't have to. You already saved me...besides I think this might be something I have to solve on my own. Don't forget about yourself, you still need help." He sighs. "Yeah...I guess you're right. I just- care so much about you. I want you to be happy."

You laugh lightly. "I am happy steven." You nuzzle into his warmth. "Very happy." With that you two fell asleep.

Stevens POV (dreaming)

In the darkness of the dreamscape I begin to hear voices. Female voices. Gems possibly?

"I don't want to continue my colony..."

I recognize my moms voice.

"Have you gone cross eyed my diamond?! You must finish this colony! It's only your first one!"

A gravely and harsh authoritarian voice booms back. I look behind me and see emeralds ship. I quickly go in and towards the main desk. And listen carefully on the way.

"I know! But- have you seen everything earth is? It's beautiful! Its so...unique!"

I hear a loud slam.

"EARTH LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER MISERABLE ROCK IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY!"

I come around the back of the main chair and see a large screen displaying pink diamonds distraught face. And...emerald sitting in the chair. She had green crystal shoulder pads and a dark green cowl, much like holly blues. She had green long knee high boots that reflected light like a crystal. Her hair was poofy, with a darker patch in the front, like bangs. A golden tiara like piece framed her devilish face.

"Excuse me my diamond, but I have seen countless planets while commanding under yellow. Being gifted to you, it's my job to help you dismantle your colony, and hopefully the thousands after it! Just let me do this!"

"You don't understand, emerald! You must see it for yourself!"

Emerald heaves a loud bout of laughter and lays her arm over her desk.