Chapter 6: First Start

The morning has come. Riku supposedly needs to go to school but not for today because the injury that he got yesterday is still not fully recovered. He just woke up as usual. He looked toward the futon beside his bed, and smiled. Iori was there, sleeping. He giggled.

Iori: what are you smiling at? *Rubbed his eyes

Riku: Ohh, Iori. You have woken up. Nothing, just happy that you didn't run away today.

Iori: Do you want to start a fight or what this early?

Riku: Hehe. 

Riku put his hand on Iori's forehead to make Iori shocked for a second. He was checking the fever that Iori had yesterday. Iori immediately pushed Riku's hand away from his head. Riku smiled.

Riku: It's good. You're better now.

Iori just went silent. He felt awkward that someone is caring for his health. From his life time, no one cared about it except for his family. To prevent things looking really weird, he tried to change the topic.

Iori: As you're not going to school. What are you going to do today?

Riku: Hmmm, Tsumugi san asked me to visit her to checked my condition at the hospital. What about your injury?

Iori: It's nothing at all. We can recover faster than humans.

Riku: Wow, that's cool. So, wanna tag along?

Iori: Don't want. I have my own freedom.

Riku: Cehh..

Riku tidied up his bed and went to take a shower. Iori also does the same. Even though they might have free time, that doesn't mean they only lay down and relax. Iori did feel comfortable being in Riku's room although they had known each other less than a week. Riku didn't treat him like a guest, but more like a family. Maybe that's why he felt like that. He's starting to make a bread and jam. As time passes, both of them are ready to go out. Riku gone first.

Riku: Iori, catch. *Throw something

Iori: *catch it. (It's a key) This is...

Riku: That's a spare key for this house. That's yours. Keep it. Okay, I'm leaving!

Iori: .......*looked at the key and smiled. See you later~

--------------------------------------------------------------

IORI POV

I walked to the town observing everyone there. Well, it's a usual thing that I do every day. Moreover, I did help any of the sellers that seek help. Because of that, they become friendly toward me which I don't care much about. What I want is to survive, survive from getting starved of death. I was alone for 3 years after the incident and I won't forget about it. 

It's happened too drastic. That night, my parents and brother were having a good chat during dinner time. but then, smoke came from nowhere. I was starting to feel tired. I saw all my family had gone to deep sleep, including me too. Just that, I heard a very noisy sound. I tried to force my eyes to open, but it's really hard. All I could see was a blurry hot orange color and a smell of burnt. After that, I woke up and saw my brother piggybacked me. He had a full of bruises at his body. We're hiding in some bushes. At that point he asked me to close my eyes and then he disappeared. 

I believed that my family might be somewhere. So, I tried to survive by myself and trying to find a clue that could lead to my family. That is how the nature of a werewolf is. But being outside world is not the same. Most people despised me for being a werewolf. Some are scared, and some show their hatred. That's why I kept the secret from anyone till I met Riku. 

Old lady: Ahh, Iori san. It's been a while. I haven't seen you since the past week. Where have you been? 

Iori: Hello there, nothing much. Just busy doing some errands...... Do you need any help today?

Old lady: Yes, I do. I need you to take these things to that uncle. *Pointed the direction

Iori carried it without hesitation. Once it's done, he gone back to the old lady to get some tokens.

Old lady: Thank you as usual. Lucky to have you here. We're too old to do something that out of our limit. Here, for you.

Iori: Thank you. *Take the token

Old lady: Umm, sorry to disturb. Did something happen?

Iori: *shocked. No, nothing happened. Why? (Did she know about yesterday?)

Old lady: Ohh nothing. It's just that you looked a bit happier than usual.

Iori: Err, maybe because of this. *Shown the token of hot bun. Okay then, gotta go. Thanks for the bun.

Old lady: *Looked at Iori and smiled. It's nice to be young.

--------------------------------------------------------

No POV

Iori breathed out after escaped from that old lady. He doesn't want to be interviewed about anything. He walked and thought to go home maybe wait for Riku to be back and eat the bun together. Just before he reached there, he already met him with weird look to Riku.

Riku: Angela, where are you? Angela....Ahh Iori.

Iori: what are you doing? 

Riku: I was looking for Angela.

Iori: Angela?

Riku: yup, Angela.

Iori: Are you a kid? playing hide and seek with the girl?

Riku: It's not a girl. It's a cat.

Iori: cat?

Riku: Yup, cat. 

Iori: Again, with the detective thing? Will you stop it? 

Riku: No, I don't want to.

Iori: *sigh. Look. If you're looking for a cat, just wait at home. Cat knows how to go back home.

Riku: But that's not my cat, that's hers. She has been gone for 2 days already.

Iori looked at the girl that showed up and was surprised. It was a little girl that helped him find Riku yesterday. Iori bent his leg and looked at the girl with a smile. 

Iori: what kind is your cat?

Little girl: Hmm, it a Persian white cat, and there's pink collar at her neck.

Iori: ....... Don't worry, I'll help you find her. You just wait at your home, okay? *Pat her head

Little girl: Thank you, big brother * bowed and walked away

Riku: So, we gonna do the investigation together?

Iori: No way, I'm just doing for her.

Riku: Ohhh, you're lolicon... *teased

Iori: *sighed. If it's not because of that girl, you're already dead by now.

Riku: Hey, what was that supposed to mean?

Iori: Here! *Gave bun to Riku

Iori: I'm going.

Riku: Ahh, wait for me. *Put the bun inside his bag and followed Iori.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done. 

How was it? well, I make it a slow progression of their bond and story before becoming a cool duo detective. 

As for Iori past, maybe I will do one chapter focusing deeply on how the incident happened. That one is just a rough explanation. 

Well, that's all from me. Thankz again.

p.s: I forgot about the bun that Iori got from the aunt. So, I added it which is useful for the upcoming chapter