Chapter 3: Investigation

The day began to darken. They have already eaten, so now he can prepare a bed. Riku persuaded Iori to spend the night at his house because it was already dark. The atmosphere outside at night is very different compared to the morning. The gangster started wandering around and many dangerous things might occur. Iori gave up as he dropped his body into the bed. Seeing Riku still writing and reading the notebook makes him curious. 

Iori: You still playing a detective game?

Riku: *look at Iori. It's not a game. I'm doing the real thing. *Continue his work

Iori: ......Why do you want to investigate it so much? Is it because of the werewolf?

Riku stopped his writing with a long pause. Iori noticed his attitude, something had triggered him. 

Iori: If you don't want to, you don't need to-

Riku: I just want someone that I care about to acknowledge me as not being such a weak and crybaby boy. Someone that only gives burden to others. I also can be independent and become a detective just like him. 

Iori listened to him talk. Wanting to know who does he means by 'him' but just leave the point and give a sigh in order to change the mood.

Iori: So, in other words, you are just a child that wants attention.

Riku: Whaaaaat?..... grr.... Seriously, your words are never insensitive. 

Iori: Well, it's not wrong to do something as proof of your abilities. but what is wrong is when you do something that can put pressure on yourself. Know your own limitations. 

Riku lowed his head. He knew what Iori was saying was true. He does know that he sometimes does things beyond his limits. 

Iori: Well, I don't think you can't solve this anyway. 

Riku: .... Eh, you say what?

Iori: Nothing! *Turn face away

It's not that Riku didn't listen to what he just said, but he just wants to confirm back of what he just heard. Iori was trying to encourage him. To him, it was the first light for him to carry on his efforts to become a true detective. He began to smile back. 

Riku: You know, this is a very unique case. It is related to something fiction. That's why I really want to investigate if it's true or not.

Iori: ..I see...................hey........what would you do if you really found that wolf?

Riku: ehh?.......hmmmm, maybe I'll think about it later.

Iori: Hah?? What answer is that supposed to be?

Riku: It's can't be helped. You've asked me something I didn't think about it.

Iori: *slapped on face. You're really an innocently idiot.

Riku: eheh, I'm starting to get used to your harsh words.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The morning has come. Riku opened his eyes slowly. He looked up to the bed and there was no sign of Iori again. He woke up from his futon and cleaned it up before he cleaned himself. Today, he had no school, but had a part time job for the weekend. That is how he survived throughout the month. He never asks the money from his parents since he came here. He tried to live independently.

As for the part time job, he worked as a waiter in a restaurant that is a bit far from his home. He worked as usual in the morning and after that, he continued with his investigation. He went back to that factory to collect the evidence, but before he reached there, the sound of two shots was heard. As he arrived there, he could see a same police car park near that place. When he peeks inside it, something shocked him. He saw a shape of wolf alike standing at the center of the factory with two polices lying down on the floor. They were all covered with blood.