Chapter 22: Approach the limit

As expected, his friend, especially Tamaki was angry at him for not answering their call and disappeared without any notification. Riku just nodded and apologized for the action. They were right to get angry about that. It was the first time they had got to hang out together outside of their town. So, they cared for each other's safety. They broke the mood by forgiving and forgetting what just happened. Three of them smiled. Just need to make sure, that will never happen again.

Riku excused himself by going to take a bath after a long trip today. The shower had refreshed him. Recalling what had happened all day with his new friend had made Riku's lip etched with a smile. A very fun day for him.

After taking a shower, Riku sat on his bed and chatted for a while before going to bed. From what they narrated; Reiji had a lot of fun meeting other fans. They had shared their interests with each other. They are really looking forward to the concert tomorrow. Just seeing him talk about the concert makes Riku remember Touma. Hoping for him to do his best after. As for Tamaki, he whined to them that he didn't succeed in getting the Limited King Pudding. Riku and Reiji try to comfort him back saying that his luck will come someday. They chatted lively until one by one they fell asleep and ended the night.

...........

The day of the concert has arrived. It will start in the evening at 5:00pm. So, the three of them have more time to spend exploring the city together. Riku was always excited to see things that were new to him. Reiji and Tamaki seemed familiar with the area, so they were less excited, but really enjoyed walking together.

The time goes by....

---------------------------------------------------------

Within 2 hours before the concert, Reiji was ready with ZOOL written Towels, light sticks and bags filled badge with ZOOL group member. Riku saw a picture with Toma written on it, he smiled. It would be nice if he was able to see the group's performance himself. Like seeing a friend, he just met is about to put on a show.

Tamaki told them that he also had to go out to meet his friend from this city. So, Riku will be alone in the hotel tonight, just sitting and watching television for now. He wouldn't mind actually. Just as Reiji was about to leave the room, his phone rang.

Reiji: Hello, Tai. Are you ready......hmmm...............EHHH?? Are you serious? What about your-?........hmmm......Ook, there's nothing that we can do. It's okay........Take care of yourself......bye.

Riku looked at him. Reiji's face looked a bit disappointed after getting the call.

Riku: Urm...Reiji, are you okay?

Reiji: *sigh. No.....one of my closest friends couldn't attend the concert thought we were so hype for this day to come. He told me that he had to go to the hospital for emergency. His family had an accident this noon. 

Riku: Ohh, really. That's really unfortunate...

A minute's silence. Reiji looked at Riku and it seemed to give him an idea. He turned and moved towards him. His hands immediately grabbed Riku's shoulders. He was quite surprised by the action.

Reiji: Riku, wanna come?

Riku: Huh? What?

Reiji: to the concert. 

Riku: Huh? (Still confused). but-

Reiji: It's okay, I have Tai's ticket. You can use it.  At least this ticket won't be wasted. 

Riku just nodded in agreement with the invitation. Besides, he has no plans after this. But he didn't think that his wish would come true so quickly. So, he immediately prepared himself with everything to go with Reiji to the concert. He smiled.