eight.

He left the classroom

He left the classroom. It was really late. He locked the doors and began walking down the hall. As he was walking he heard snickering. He looked around him. 'What the hell!?' He thought to himself. He began to investigate the area, finding nothing he returned back to proceed to his dorms. He thought it may have been a figment of his imagination. As he turned on his heel, there was a putrid smell that wafted around the hall.

"Whoever is present down here, show yourselves or so help me you will regret how many house points you will lose!" He bellowed, curling his lips as he spoke into a menacing snarl.

"But I'm not really a person!" A voice said above him. He looked up and saw Peeves the poltergeist. He was holding dung bombs in his hands.

"Mr. Peeves. I am ordering you to put those... those..."

"Dung Bombs?" Peeves finished his sentence. Snape snarled.

"Put - them - down - Now!" He said slowly. Peeves tapped his chin whilst floating in the air. He started drifting this way and that, tapping his chin.

"Hmmm, well Professor ... since you asked so nicely...." He said sarcastically, "you're just going to have to catch me!" He took off down the hall, throwing the dung bombs, splattering the walls. Snape sighed and followed in hot pursuit after him. He had his wand out to block the ones that were directed to him.

"I will get the Red Baron! So help me Peeves!!!" He snarled. Peeves just laughed and turned down another corridor. Snape turned to, only to knock into someone. "What the hell is going on!?" He hollered, annoyed by the events that were taking place. He looked and saw Lavender Brown straightening her stance after being almost knocked off of her feet.

"Miss Brown! What are you doing out of your dorms and in the dungeons!?" He asked. She lowered her head and began pawing her foot at the dungeon floors. She didn't answer him. "Miss Brown!" This time he caught her attention. She looked at him then looked away. "Alright, I've had enough of this!" He grabbed her elbow and dragged her down the corridor, in search of Peeves. He then spotted him. He was floating in a dead end corridor, juggling the dung bombs. Snape was curious as to why he stopped here, but proceeded with caution. He dragged Lavender with him, seeing to make sure she didn't do anything daft. He thought it was his lucky day, well night in this case. With a student, a Gryffindor student roaming around after curfew, this would mean he could once again sack Gryffindor and once again take the lead in the house cup challenge. He snapped out of his triumphant thoughts, he really needed to stay focused. He felt as if something were off in the air, and it wasn't the dung bombs.

"Peeves, I am warning you one last time. Put the bombs away now." He said in a stern but steady voice. Talking to Peeves was like talking to a puppy, they never listened, unless of course without force. To his amazement, Peeves threw the bombs up in the air and they all landed with a disgusting splat on the cobblestone floor. He then threw up his hands and said;

"Good luck Professor!" And then he disappeared into the wall behind him. Snape cursed under his breath, Peeves was an ignorant, annoying Poltergeist, and he couldn't wait until he retired to get away from the likes of him. He magically made the mess disappear and turned and saw that Miss Brown was no longer with him.

"Damn Gryffindor. She just lost herself and her whole house a hell whole of points for her ignorance." He turned on his heel and proceeded out of the corridors end. Just as he was about to turn the corner there was a gust of wind behind him. He quickly turned around with his wand pointed. Just before he could react, someone shouted the spell 'Stupefy' and all he could see was darkness.