seven.

When everyone returned from dinner, she was still lying in bed

When everyone returned from dinner, she was still lying in bed. She had no homework to catch up on, so she was easily brought back to her plot. She was confident about it one moment and scared the next. But she felt as if she needed to do this. She wanted respect, wanted to be noticed, aside from being the insufferable know it all in his eyes. She has had some mixed feelings for him after the war.

She had been fighting Bellatrix, who had just finished up injuring Mrs. Weasley really badly. So she saw an open window and began dueling her. After entering the duel, she knew she was foolish. Bellatrix was much more advanced in battling, and Hermione held no power against what she could do.

As she was struggling to block curses and fight back, Bellatrix found a way to disarm Hermione. Leaving her wandless, she began to taunt her.

"I'm going to enjoy killing you my pretty Mudblood." She said, whispering in her ear. Hermione had fought the urge to smack her, to fight, but she knew what she was capable of, given the fact she was the one to brand her with her scar 'Mudblood'.

Just remembering that day and that moment made Hermione grasp her scar. The skin was raised on it, making it look profound and noticeable. She had tried hiding it with a concealment charm, but she felt as if it we're no use. As long as she could still feel it, it was never fully concealed.

Bellatrix taunted her some more, telling her that Harry was going to die, and that she was going to make her watch them die against her will. She said she was going to spare Hermione, make her, her slave. Her Mudblood slave. As Hermione shut her eyes, Bellatrix grabbed her by her hair and yanked her backwards. She was screaming at her to open her eyes and watch everyone around her die. When Hermione didn't, Bellatrix threw her to the floor. She raised her wand, about to cast a curse when someone jumped in front of her and shielded her with their body.

He grabbed her arm and hid her behind his cloak, staring Bellatrix square in the eye with his sinister glare. Hermione peeked around the figure and was shocked to see that it was Professor Snape who came to her rescue. Bellatrix let out a hysterical but wicked laugh. Hermione shuddered and gripped his cloak, hiding behind it, as if feeling that it would all go away. Hermione blocked out everything around her, and before she knew it, Bellatrix and Snape were battling with each other. He was just as powerful as she, maybe even a bit more.

Hermione was worried that he may not win, so she stepped out from behind his cloak and tried to make a run for it, in the direction of Bellatrix. Bellatrix casted a curse at Snape, making him lose balance and turned her attention to Hermione. Then all of a sudden she disappeared into a wisp of black smoke. Hermione was scared. As she was backing away, looking frantically in every direction, the wisp of smoke circled her quickly. Leaves and sticks that littered the ground began to pick up off of the floor because of the wind surrounding her in her caged circle. Laughter filled the air. As Hermione tried to run through, she was knocked off of her feet. She landed with a thud on the ground on her back, knocking the air out of her. As she tried to breath, Bellatrix started to walk to her, slowly. She raised her wand and mouthed a curse Hermione couldn't make out. She shielded her eyes and before she knew it, something hard had hit her. She thought it was the curse, but she didn't feel pain or death. She opened her eyes to see a dark brooding figure was protecting her small figure with his. His wand was raised to the once standing figure. He had protected her from the curse, using a counter one and defeating Bellatrix in the process. She was in awe, she thought she was a goner. As she still sat there, he still shielding her, they watched as Bellatrix perished into dust.