Chapter 6: August's POV

Start from the beginning

"Will do," I say getting in my own car. "See you guys tomorrow, please don't forget to do your homework. I'm pretty sure the teachers are catching on to you guys copying mine." I tell them, which earns me a double eye roll, before Raven puts his car in reverse and takes off. I chunked my backpack into the passenger seat and started my car.

I make my way home, dreading to be inside of the big 5 bedroom house by myself. Sometimes it got really lonely. I sometimes wish I had siblings but I knew that it was next to impossible for my mom to have another pup. She had so many complications when she was pregnant with me. The doctor didn't think I would live past birth seeing as I was born 3 months early, and I was smaller than what I would normally be during that trimester as well.

My mom once told me that my dad was upset that I wasn't a dominant wolf, of course he loves me, but I wished that my mom had kept that information to herself. It always made me second guess what my dad had to say to me. I always reminded myself that I couldn't help how I was born, it was something that they would have to live with. I looked at the positives of being an Omega, such as being able to have pups of my own, being fast on my paws when my wolf wasn't afk.

As I approached my house I noticed that my parents' car was parked outside. I raised my eyebrow in suspicion, normally they announce their arrival, they didn't just show up without letting me know. I parked beside their car, grabbed my backpack. I got out of my car and stared at the brick walls on the house, my anxiety itching at the back of my neck. Coming up with the possibilities on why they were home. I loved them but something must be wrong if they were to show up unannounced like this. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way to the front door to the house. I stood there with my hand on the door handle for probably longer than I should have, thinking of all of the scenarios on why my parents were home.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. The house was silent, as if no one were there, though the lights said otherwise. I took my shoes off by the front door and I let my backpack slip off my shoulder and fall to the floor.

"Darling is that you?" I hear my mom's honey voice call from the kitchen. I took another deep breath before I made my way to my impending doom.

"Yeah ma." I shuffled my feet to the kitchen. Stepping into the room, I spy my mom cooking dinner and my dad sat at the island on his laptop.

"Hey kiddo," My dad looked up from the screen before going back to doing whatever he was doing.

"Why were there dirty dishes in the sink August? You know you're supposed to complete the dishes after you cook. How are you going to get a husband with those mannerisms?" My eyebrows furrow, upset that my mom even asked me why a simple task wasn't done.

"I was running behind this morning, I couldn't do them."

"You know what you're supposed to do as an Omega, you've been raised to complete your tasks before going to bed not wait until morning." This only made me even more upset. Yes, I'm an Omega but I'm still in high school.

"I got wrapped up in homework, I still need to keep my grades up." I look down at my feet, starting to get upset, my chest burning from the tears I was holding back. "What are y'all doing here?" I snapped out, irritation rolling through me.

"Well we got done with our meeting with the Oregon pack, we're sending-" I put my hand up looking my mom in the eye.

"Mom I know all about that, now why didn't you guys tell me you were coming home?" I questioned, upset that I was unaware of their homecoming.

"Well we thought it would be nice to surprise you." She stirred the pot of food. "We haven't really seen you in a while."

"She's right kiddo, it has been over a month and a half since we last saw you." My dad looked up from whatever he was typing, and pulled the lid of the laptop down. "We were asked to come back this morning, we assumed since you were still at school we didn't need to message you."

"Can you guys stop treating me like I'm stupid, you've shot me a text when I was in school the last time you guys came home." I stated, feeling my anger rise. There was something up, I just knew it. "You're lying to my face, now what is happening. I'm not a kid anymore." I grabbed a glass from the cabinet, setting it on the counter harder than I probably should, making my dad jump slightly at my actions. His eyebrow quirked up in surprise. I opened the fridge and grabbed the orange juice, taking the lid off as I poured it into the glass. I slammed the jug down on top of the cabinet and twisted the lid back on to the container.

"There are nearby packs experiencing Omega's going missing," My father explained pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "We were asked to come back for the time being from our Alpha."

"Oh." I whispered. There were smaller packs around our area, they usually didn't come running our way to tell us news unless it was something major like that. I wonder what was happening to them? I prayed to the moon goddess that they were okay.

"Don't let anyone know, Alpha Kent asked us to keep quiet until the end of the full moon ceremony." My mom tells me, staring absentmindedly into the pot as she continued to stir the dinner. "They don't want to cause ruckus for the families with Omega's, he's going to make the families feel reassured that we're protecting all Omega's."

"You know some of the elders won't be for it." I speak up. "They could care less what happens to us." The elders in the pack mainly consisted of past high ranking wolves, such as our former Alpha, Beta, Luna and Delta. They were cold toward Omega's because that's how they had been raised.

"That's not true and you know it." My dad states. "We're all family, we all matter." The chair he sits in scraped against the floor, he gets up and wraps his arms around my small frame.

"You know that's not true, you know it." I shot his words back at him, looking my dad in the eyes and furrowing my brows in anger. I don't know what had me so riled up today, I pushed him away and stepped away from him. "Whatever, I'm not hungry, I'm going to bed for the night." Setting my glass in the sink, I then turn and exit the room, not wanting to discuss anything further with my parents.

I climbed the stairs in a hurry and made my way to my room. I shut the door behind me softly. My hands were shaking slightly, from anger and anxiety. I wanted to text Raven and Ella about the news of what was happening in the packs nearby, but I didn't want to get my parents in trouble.

I fell on to my bed, pulling a pillow close to me and closed my eyes. Even with my parents home I still felt alone. I just turn on my music and let it serenade me into a slumber.  

A/N: Song Palaye Royale: Lonely