(7) Monaisha's Magic

Start from the beginning

"Mo? I love you!" 

I grin at her and say: "Love you too, wifey. Now get ready!" 

I work on my make-up in front of her vanity. I go for gold tonight. Literally. My nails are gold, golden hoops in my ears, and golden bracelets on my wrist that jingle when I move my arms. 

I can hear Ama hum from the other side of the room and grab my phone. It's time for some music.

'Juice by Lizzo' starts to play through the room and I hear Ama squeal. She dances towards me, singing along to the song, shakes all her curves, and I'm mesmerized. She looks amazing, those knee socks make her legs look longer and her dress hugs her in all the right places, her girls begging for a closer look.

Ama makes a cat-eye with her eyeliner and covers her eyelashes in black mascara. Her green eyes pop even more now and she winks at me.

The next song is 'Beautiful Dangerous by Slash ft. Fergie'. Not my favorite but the little devil inside my bestie loves it. Gotta keep things fair while we get hyped up. She finishes her look with a bright red gloss and dabs a little bit of solid perfume in strategic places. 

She has used that solid perfume for as long as I can remember. She gets it from an old Chinese lady, who has a small shop in town. I think X introduced her to the lady once. Ama loves the lady and the perfume. It makes her smell like banana candies and it drives everyone, who's allowed to get close enough, wild. 

I grab my clutch and Ama hands me her keys. She calls an Uber and we walk out together. I lock the door and we hang out with Mike while we wait for our ride to arrive. Mike admires our outfits and makes us swear we call him if anything happens. 

He does this every time, he's like our dad sometimes. But we also know that if we would need him in the middle of the night, he would drop everything to help us out.

The driver drops us off in front of Joe's and there's a line outside. We hook our arms together and walk up to the front of the line. People glare at us, but we pretend not to see them. We hold our heads high until we reach Chris. 

He smiles wide and says: "Hey MOAM, ready for some shots?"

I wink at him and say: "You know we are handsome. Have a good night." He nods and steps aside to let us in. We dance through the crowd towards the bar and look for Theresa. She already knows we're here, she always does. 

She is lining up beautiful rainbow shots for us. Don't ask me how she makes them, because I have no clue. That girl is a magician with drinks. Ama and I grab the purple one and down it. We look each other in the eye and grin. This is the moment we decide this is going to be a fun night.

Ama sits down at the bar and I tell her to stay put. I make my way over to the bathroom and would normally take Ama with me. But in this bar, with Theresa and Chris there, I know she's safe. 

I quickly do my thing and walk back over to the bar again. My eyes fall on a rough-looking guy, tattoos all over and wearing a leather jacket. He looks over his shoulder and lord have mercy, his eyes are ice blue. Damn, he's hot.

I look at Ama and see my brother. Oh hell no! He better not be doing what I think he's doing. I forget all about the hottie at the bar and run up to my brother to inflict pain on him.

♡♡♡

Monaisha's first POV.
What do you think of her?

Some cameos and tributes in this chapter again; Chris and Theresa. They belong to mysticgirlzx The bar, Joe's is also something that came from her mind. Check out her book Pushing The LimitsYou can find it all in there.

More chapters coming up.

Stay tuned!

Next chapter will be from X's POV.