Chapter 10: What could it be?

It was time. The sun was setting and I was preparing to go to the forest and meet Adrien. I was dreading it already. I can't believe it has come to this. I never wanted him to find out my secret.

It was a little chilly out, so I grabbed a light sweater and put it on over my clothes and made my way downstairs.

When I came downstairs, I saw Luna sitting on the couch watching cartoons and my parents were cooking dinner. "Hi darling, dinner's almost ready." My mother said cheerfully.

  "Sorry, but I'm gonna have to skip dinner tonight. There's somewhere I have to be." I replied as I walked towards the door.

"Wait just a minute, Marinette. Where are you going and what's going on?" My father asked me sternly. I sighed and gave them my best fake smile. "Don't worry, everything is perfectly fine. I'll see you guys later." I said with a closed eyed smile.

Then I turned to Luna who was still on the couch and said "Mommy will be back later Cherí . Behave for grandma and grandpa okay?" Luna nodded happily and then went back to watching her tv show. I smiled one last time at my parents, before I walked out the door and made my way to the forest.

*~*~*~*~*

~small time skip~

Adrien was waiting in the forest in the exact spot where the wolf had rescued him. He had arrived early and was waiting eagerly for Marinette to arrive and give him some answers. Tonight was the night he was finally going to learn the truth.

***

After about 30 minutes of waiting, Marinette arrived and gave Adrien a fake smile. He could see that she looked exhausted and her face had anguish written all over it. Suddenly he started to feel guilty for putting her in this position.

  "I can tell that you feel guilty, but don't worry about it. This is my own fault. I should've been more careful." She said calmly.

Adrien nodded nervously and smiled awkwardly. "So you wanted answers right?" Marinette inquired. Adrien nodded. "Yes, I do." he replied as confidently as possible.

  Marinette sighed. "Why don't you ask me some questions and then I'll do my best to answer them." She said. Again, Adrien nodded. "That sounds good to me." He said with a smile. "Ask away then." Marinette said waving her hand and gesturing for him to start.

  Adrien took a deep breath in and began his questioning. "So first question, what exactly are you?" He asked. Marinette rolled her eyes. "I thought that it would've been obvious by now. I'm a werewolf." She replied flatly.

Adrien nodded in understanding. "So were you-" Marinette raised a hand and then said "I know what you're going to ask and yes, I was the wolf that saved you that night." She said.

Adrien nodded. "Why did you save me? Did you recognize me?" He inquired. Marinette nodded. "Even under the influence of a full moon, I can retain my humanity and sense of self (not quite Marinette, not quite). Even in wolf form, there was no way I'd allow one my closest friends to he hurt." She replied.

Adrien smiled at her. "Thank you for that." He said and Marinette nodded in acknowledgment. "Any other questions?" She asked and Adrien nodded. "You said that you would never allow one of your friends to get hurt, but you've seemed very aggressive since you came back from China, so how can I be sure that you'd never hurt me?" He asked.

Marinette furrowed her brows and then glared at him. "Werewolves are naturally aggressive, especially around the time of the full moon. It takes a lot of effort daily to contain my wolf side. But I can control it for the most part at least. And don't worry about me hurting you. If I had wanted to, I would've done it already." She replied in a rather icy tone.