Chapter 5: Transformation

It had been a week since Marinette started school and for the most part, everything was going smoothly. The bluenette had had some hiccups here and there, but nothing that triggered her transformation.

  Tonight was the full moon however and Marinette was already starting to feel it's affects.

Marinette had been restless all day and she felt like she would crawl out of her skin. She'd already devised a plan to get out of the city and into the woods before the full moon rose, she just had to hope that nothing happened between now and then and that way she'd be alright.

   Adrien had noticed Marinette acting strangely that day, he could also tell that she seemed annoyed. He was concerned for the bluenette. He'd never seen her like this before.

"Alright everyone, it's time for gym" said Miss Bustier. Marinette perked up when she heard that. Finally she could expend some energy!

   She rushed past everyone else to get to the locker room first. She wanted to change alone so no one would see the large scar she had on her side. She changed quickly thanks to her super speed.

Alya and the others entered a few minutes later. "Wow, you're already dressed. I didn't know you could move so fast." Alya chuckled. Marinette growled under her breath then excused herself.

   She went into an empty hallway and took a few deep breaths. "Keep it together Marinette. It's only a few more hours." She said to herself.

  "Is the baker girl talking to herself today?" Said a snarky and annoying voice. Marinette groaned, she knew exactly who that voice belonged to.

   She turned around to see Chloe. "What do you want Chloe?" Marinette asked in an exasperated tone.

"I have an obligation to give loser's a hard time." Chloe laughed. "I don't have time for your bull crap today Chloe." Marinette snapped. Chloe was surprised at her sudden change in tone.

Marinette walked away, ignoring Chloe. "How dare she talk to Moi like that!" Chloe snarled. She followed after Marinette.

***

"The sport today is dodge ball." Announced the gym teacher. Marinette flinched. She could barely control her temper, let alone her strength. She didn't want to risk hurting anyone she cared about. "Excuse me sir, can I be excused from class? I'm not feeling well." Marinette asked.

Just as the gym teacher was about to respond Chloe spoke up "What's wrong, are you afraid of getting hit with a ball Maritrash? Oh poor little Marinette, afraid of getting hurt. Boo hoo hoo." Chloe mocked while fake wiping her eyes. Marinette locked eyes with Chloe and decided that she would play after all.

  "Just don't cry when I bruise your face." Marinette growled. Adrien and the others were startled by Marinette's tone. "Then let the game begin!" Screamed the teacher before blowing his whistle.

Chloe immediately started taunting Marinette from the other side of the court. But whenever a ball came near her she'd run away. "Leave Marinette alone Chloe." Adrien barked at her.

  "As if she could ever do anything to me." Chloe laughed haughtily. Marinette who had by this point had enough of Chloe, threw a ball at her when she wasn't looking. It hit Chloe in the stomach and sent her crashing to the ground.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Marinette and Chloe. Marinette walked over to Chloe and crouched down next to her.

  "Oops, sorry Chlorine. I guess this means I win. Boo hoo hoo." Marinette said in a mocking tone that mimicked Chloe's earlier taunts. Everyone started laughing at Marinette's nickname for Chloe, except Adrien who was shocked by Marinette's act of violence and her rude tone.