38. "oh go away"

[photo caption is happy birthday Chels ❤️💜]

They all arrived at the party, and soon enough it was in full swing. Quinn was loving having all of her friends around. She was talking to them all, like it was old times. Everything felt right, their old groups were back together and nobody could be happier. The birthday twins however, were probably the happiest in the room. Chelsea and Charlie were talking to everyone, welcoming them and complementing outfits. They were doing what they loved, greeting and talking to people, together. 

"You know, I think we could have been great if we grew up together" Charlie states as they walk. "Yeah?" Chelsea smiled. He didnt know how much she missed him, she covered it up with annoyance. "Yeah, we could have been amazing if we both grew up here" he says. Then Chelsea scoffs. "Darling, I would not have wanted to grow up here. The isle may be bad but at least I didn't grow up princess" She says. "Princess?" Charlie asks. "Yeah, I grew up wildchild, you grew up a prince" Chelsea smirks. "Honey I am alot of things but I aint a prince" Charlie rolls his eyes. "I beg to differ" Chelsea sings. Charlie just glares at her and rolls his eyes. 

The twins join their group of friends, who were all smiling, laughing and talking. "The guest of honour has arrived in your presence" Charlie announces dramatically standing in front on his sister slightly. Chelsea places a hand on his shoulder and pulls him back to her side. "Guests of honour" she corrects. "dear sister, we all I know i'm the better twin" Charlie smiles sweetly. "Dear brother, we all know you're the irrelevant twin" she returns his smile.  The pair bicker, in true sibling fashion before their boyfriends tear them apart. Matty drags Charlie over to Ally and Maddy, whilst Carlos takes Chelsea to Jay and Quinn. 

"I cant believe I'm finally an adult" Chelsea grins. "Finally" Quinn sighs playfully. "aww your the baby" Carlos teases. His girlfriend just glares at him, in which he kisses her cheek making her smile. "But pipers birthday isn't until July so there" Chelsea pouts. "I know, but you are acting like a baby now" Quinn teases. "Oh go away" Chelsea smirks. "Gladly" Quinn smiles, walking off, heading towards piper. 

"present?" Piper asks. Quinn nods and Piper pulls a box from her pocket. It was pink and purple striped and inside it held a golden locket. It was heart shaped and had 'Chelsea' engraved into it. Inside was a photo of the three of them, from their goodbye. "She's going to love it" Quinn smiles, walking up to Chelsea with Piper by her side. 

"Oh you're back" Chelsea smirks. "Present time" Quinn sings. "don't even mention how you said you didn't want one because we don't care" Piper adds. Chelsea rolls her eyes. "If she doesn't want it , I'll have it" Charlie hovers over his sisters shoulder. "Just wait until she opens it" Piper smirks. Quinn hands her the box and the two girls watch the joy on the birthday girls face as she opens it. "Aww, it's stunning" Chelsea smiles "Thank you." She hugs both of them. "Still, it would keep Chelsea close to my heart, because we all know how much I love her" Charlie says with the straightest face he can muster. "Liar" Chelsea mumbles, handing it to him. "What do you want me to do with it" he swings it side to side in front of her face. "Hypnotise me with it" Chelsea says, her voice full of sarcasm. He just swings it again, looking at her blankly. "Put it on me please" Chelsea finally breaks her sarcasm. "As you wish" Charlie blows her hair so it all moves from the back of his head. Chelsea glares, it was meant for him but she didn't want to turn around. She held her hair so he didn't trap it in the clasp. He places it around her neck with a classic Cheshire Cat grin. "Thank you" Chelsea smiles honestly. "Aww you've never said that to me before" Charlie teases. "Oh go away" she rolls her eyes. "As you wish" and with that, he fades, disappearing into thin air. 

The group were all dancing, together. Quinn spotted Evie and wanders over to her. "Hey" she smiles, pulling evie from her thoughts. "Oh hey Q" She smiles, still seemingly distracted. "Do you remember when we would imagine being at parties in Auradon when we were back on the isle?" Quinn asks, remembering the fond memories when it was just the two of them. "Yeah" evie laughs "We thought we would always be wearing ball gowns and tiaras." Quinn giggles slightly before noticing evies distant demeanour. "Hey, you okay?" she asks her friend. "Yeah, I just..I can't help but feel like I let my mother down" she sighs. "What do you mean?" the statement confused Quinn slightly. "Do you ever feel like your mother is disappointed in you?  Like you left her for this better life and haven't really given her much thought?" Evie asks. "Sometimes, but I know my mother loves me and is happy for me" Quinn smiles. She knew her mother wanted the best for her, despite the incidents in the past. "That's easy for you to say" Evie mumbles. "E, your mother loves you, even if it's just a tiny bit, it's still there. And i'm sure she's happy you are literally living the dream in Auradon!" Quinn smiles. "I guess" Evie turns to Quinn "You always know how to make me feel better." Quinn pulls her into a hug, having missed their conversations alot. 

Chelsea was in the middle of everybody, her boyfriend on one side, her brother on the other. She had the biggest smile in the room, and it wasn't just because of her DNA. She was so happy that everyone was back together and enjoying themselves. Everything was calm but amazing. That was until her smile was challenged. As she turned her head she saw a smile appear in the air, one she knew all too well. 

"What are you doing here dad?"