34. "Hows adult life?"

They fell, down and down and down. Quinn loved the feeling, Jay not so much. It was exactly how Quinn had imagined it, except more graceful.

They got out of the elevator and were in wonderland. Quinn ran out, wanting as long as she had to explore. "Wow" she spins around, enjoying the beauty. It was way more stunning than her mother had described. Either, her mothers memory was decreasing or Alice had really increased the beauty. Jay just watched as she admired every little thing. She would fit right in here. "Jay look" she pointed up to the sky. The clouds floated into different shapes every time you looked up and the sun was smiling down at you. Jay jogs up to catch up with her, also taking in the views. In the corner of his eye he saw a rabbit in a blue waistcoat shift his head to tell him to hurry up. William was keeping the timings on today, making sure jay knew exactly where to go at what times. "Come on" He puts his arm around her. "Ooo teatime!" Quinn exclaims. She was seeing her friends for the first time in months. 

As they approached it, she knew exactly which building it was. It was a calm blue and purple mixed with eccentric colours. She could tell who designed which part. As they walked over she saw her friends waiting. First she saw piper, both girls faces lit up. "Piper!" Quinn exclaimed, running towards her friend. They almost knocked eachother over in a hug. "I missed you so much!" Quinn exclaims, holding her tight.Piper nods her head slowly. "It's so weird going to sleep without you there" She giggles. She adored their late night conversations, which would turn into randomness but they still loved them. "Hows adult life?" Piper asks, once the trio walked inside. "Confusing, Amazing, perfect" Quinn smiles. "But you won't be able to relate until summer, baby" She teased. Piper rolled her eyes and shot her a playful glare. 

The Quinn spotted her wonderland friends. "Maddy! Ally!" She ran towards them, grinning. They hugged and she turned to the boys. Matty pulled her into a hug, Charlie appearing at his side. "Quinn darling, do you maybe think that you could design us our aprons" Matty says, gesturing to the basic white on he had hung up. "Of course" Quinn smiles, she couldn't wait to be back designing for her friends. Jay leaned against the doorframe, watching the joy on her face as she reunited with each of her friends. He had been planning this for weeks, it was all going to plan. They all enjoyed their tea, Quinn smile not wavering one bit. 

"Presents" Matty singsongs. "I said I didn't want presents" Quinn whines, she doesn't like people buying things for her. "And what friends would we be if we listened to you" Ally smiles. "We did it in pairs" Jay says causing Quinn to look at him in confusion. "Who did you go with?" She asks, no knowing of jays friendship with any of her friends. Little did she know, William and Jay were on the swords and shields team together. "William" He says simply and Quinn nods. "You'll realise our present later" William adds. Quinn rolls her eyes, she wasn't a patient person. "Us first!" Matty smirks, handing her a bag. Quinn smiles in gratitude and takes the tissue paper. Inside was a denim jacket, something everyone at the table knew Quinn wanted. 

The jacket, but imagine the writing says Quinn hearts <3

"I designed it, Charlie sewed it" Matty smiles. "Thank you" she gives each of them a hug. "our turn!" Maddy mimics her brothers tone earlier. Ally hands Quinn a small red box, one which would contain jewellery. "We saw them and knew they were perfect for you" Maddy smiles. Inside were some earrings, cards. Quinn smiled, they really were perfect for her. She thanked them and placed the earrings in her ears. 

The earrings <3

The earrings <3

"Us now" Chelsea smirked, holding up a box. Piper grinned, theirs had a story. Quinn opened the box and saw three necklaces. They were little compasses. "Remember when you said we'd all be spread out?" Chelsea says. Quinn nods. "Well, these show that no matter where we are in the world, north south east or west, we always have each other no matter what" Piper smiles. Quinn pulled them into a group hug, her eyes watery. Quinn took out the golden one and had jay put it on her, handing the pink to Chelsea and the silver too piper. Her birthday really was the best one yet. 

The necklaces <3

The necklaces <3

They bid everyone goodbye, A see you soon to Matty, and left the tearoom.  "Where to now?" she smiled at jay, knowing he had things planned. "Whatever you want, I knew you'd want a chance to explore" He smiles, knowing her very well. "Can we just walk? See where we end up?"She smiles, already skipping off. "Do you not want to go visit your mother?" He asks. "she's coming to auradon for lunch tomorrow, i'll see her then" Quinn shrugs. "What a wonderful daughter" He teases, putting an arm around her. "Says you, you haven't seen your dad since the barrier got taken down" Quin smirks. "Neither have you!" Jay exclaims. "one, I don't know my dad, Two, at least I have made plans with my mother" Quinn challenges. "My dad didn't even wish me a happy birthday" Jay sighs. His birthday was in January and he hadn't even spoken to his father. "You have me though" Quinn smiles softly. "I do" he smiles, kissing her softly.