21. "How come they never told us?"

Quinn and jay were back together, all was right with the world. Well their little world which seemed to revolve around them. It was all happy and calm until Ben had some news for Quinn. 

"Quinn!" Ben appeared as Quinn shut her locker. "Jeez Ben, hi" she said, leaning against her locker. "I have something to tell you" he says, looking nervous. "If you tell me you like me or something I will have to punch you" Quinn smirks. "No, Come on" He takes her arm. "But...class" she whines. Quinn did not want to be dragged into an impromptu meeting with the king. 

"So whilst your mother was in isolation-" Ben starts. "Prison" Quinn interrupts. "Whatever, she told us some information you might want to know" He says. Quinn nods her head to continue, even though she was confused. Her mother told her everything, except who her dad was, but that was understandable. "You have a brother" Ben says slowly. Quinn sits up her chair from shock. "What?" She says, more from the shock and confusion, not that she didn't hear him. "You have a brother" Ben repeats, slower. Quinn nods. "Age?" she questioned. "12" Ben reads from his paper. Quinn nodded, he was the same age as Dizzy and Celia. She knew off a boy their age, but surely there was more boys that age on the isle. "Name?" she asks. "Ace" Ben smiles. Ace. Clever. Quinn giggles before realising. "Does he live with Anastasia Tremaine" she asks. Ben nods, looking slightly confused. So they had both been lied to his whole life. Quinns only thought was when was he born? There was only one time she could remember. 

12 years ago, the isle

5 year old Quinn waited in bed for her mother to come and tuck her in. "Quinn, I will be going away for a few days tomorrow, EQ will look after you, okay?" The queen of hearts says. "Okay, why?" Quinn frowns. "I just...need a little break" The queen lies. Quinn nods. After bidding her daughter goodnight, she walked towards the door. "Mommy, am I mad?" Quinn calls, stopping her. Quinn had heard stories of the crazy people in wonderland, and couldn't help but compare herself to them. "What makes you ask that?" TQOH returns to her daughters side. "I don't know, I just thought" Quinn shrugs. "I'm afraid you are a little bit mad darling" Her mother said. Quinn sighed. "but, all the best people are" TQOH winked and left. Quinn smiled to herself. She was going to fit right in when she got to go to wonderland, one day. 

She nods, mainly thinking of her memory. "When can I meet him?" She asks, her curious nature growing. "We arranged for tomorrow?" Ben half asks, half states. "perfect" Quinn stood up. "you will have missed your class, I apologise" Ben smiles. "It's okay" Quinn smiled and walks to the door. She had more important things to do. 

Outside she saw jay, looking for her. "Hearts, where have you been?" Jay asks. "Ben told me something" she says. "Which was?" jay was intrigued. "Tree, tree right now" was all she said, grabbing his arm and pulling him to their tree. They sat down and Quinn looked at him. "I have a brother" she says. "What?" Jay was confused. "Hes 12, he lives with the Tremaines" She expands. "Name?" jay asks, still in as much shock as Quinn. "Ace" she smiles. Jay laughs. "Your mom is clever" Jay says. "She is" Quinn nods. "And with your name" he says. Quinn tilts her head to the side with a confused look on her face. "What's your name?" he says slowly. "Quinn Olivia Hearts" she replies, still confused. He nods, though it was information they both had known for years. He takes out a piece of paper and writes down her name. Jay then circles each of her initials, Q, O, H. He write out what her mother goes by, Queen of hearts and circles each initial again, Q, O, H. The realisation crosses her face and she grins. "Clever huh" Jay says. Quinn giggles and nods. 

Quinn felt oddly out of place, she was going to the isle, wearing her auradon clothes. "It'll be okay" One of the guards say, noticing the look on her face. She nodded and walked into where he was. "Hi" She smiled. "hey" the boy smiles. He looked a lot like her. Big brown eyes with Blonde hair with red tips. "You're my sister arent you" he takes in her appearance. "I am" she sits down opposite him. "How come they never told us?" he asks, remembering her. "Who knows" Quinn shrugs. They talk for a while until Ace brings up a question. "So are you currently dating anyone?" He smirks. "I am" she nods, her face lighting up at the thought of him. "Who?" Ace pries. He really was like his big sister, very very curious  "Jay" She smiles, knowing he would know him. "Yes!" He cheers. "What?" Quinn giggles. "I had a bet with Ce, Celia, I said you'd end up with Jay, she thought you'd end up with Antony, my brother" He says 'brother' with air quotes. Quinn laughs. "I dated Antony" she laughs at the memories. One heartbreaker mixed with another never ends well, Quinn broke his heart. "I know" Ace smiles. He knew al ot about her, from Dizzy and Celia, that she didn't know he knew. He'd tell her eventually. 

Somehow Quinn and Ace convinced the guards to let them take a trip to see dizzy, they were very persuasive and very michevious. They walked in at the same pace until Ace saw who else was in there. "Ce!,Dizzy, look who's here" He exclaims, running over to his best friends. "Quinn!" Dizzy squeals, running over to her. Celia stayed by Ace's side, giving Quinn a hug when she got the her. "And she's with jay so" Ace singsongs, holding out his hand. "I need proof" Celia smirks. "Look at her face at the mention of Jay" Ace says. Quinn was grinning, she really had gone soft for this boy. "Still not buying it, sorry hearts" Celia smirks. "Hearts?" Ace questioned. "New nickname" Celia shrugs and Ace smiled. They reminded Quinn of herself and Jay. "You two remind me of myself and Jay" Quinn says. "But you and jay are in a relationship" Celia says. Ace looks at her and smirks. She just rolls her eyes and awaits Quinns reply. "We were just friends like you two when we were 12" Quinn says, it was the truth. Sure they flirted but nothing came from it, until they went to Auradon. 

"Quinn, we need to leave" A guard said. All four frowned. "I'll come back to see you soon okay" Quinn hugged all three, earning an eye roll and a hug from her brother. "Okay" They nodded. She was sure to keep her promise.