"Fuck this," Matty barked as she jumped up on the bar.

"Quiet down."

It just got louder.

Matty jumped down and reached under the bar. She jumped back up on the bar, an air horn in her hand.

The air horn ripped through the noisy Pub, causing many to cover their ears.

"Fuck Matty. Youse tryin' to deafen us."

"No. I'm just trying to get you all to shut the fuck up."

Matty passed the air horn to Tanya.

"Now that I have your attention, we can get this thing going."

"Whats bes dis all about, Matty? Why youse be draggin' us all 'ere on our last day off. Dere bes many of us got to be gettin' ready fer work tomorrow."

There was chorus of agreement and the noise in the Pub started again.

Henry jumped up from his chair, in front of the bar and held up his hands.

"Shut up, alls of youse. Ise be as interested as youse alls bes to 'ear what Matty and Bill 'as to be sayin' but ifin youse all starts blabberin' and bitchin' den wes could bes 'ere all day.

So, whys not all of youse jest sit dere nice and quiet and listens to what da two of dem 'as to says."

He stood there looking at all those gathered for a moment or two and then turned back to Matty.

"Youse 'as da floor, Matty, me dear."

Matty smiled and turned to Bill.

"Your turn my love."

Bill got up on the bar as Matty got down.

He took a deep breath.

"I am aware of the thoughts of many of you here in the Bay, especially those who have young families. There is a lot of uncertainty as to what is happening here in the Bay and I know many of you have been making plans that do not involve life here in the Bay.

And in all honesty, I understand your concerns. If I were in your shoes, I would probably be doing the same thing."

"But youse not in our shoes," Wike Rideout snapped back.

"Youse does not have to worry about money or where you are going to live. Youse can fuck off out of 'ere at any time and go where youse wants.

All wes seen from youse so far is a lot of talk and don't tink wes don't knows about your wantin' to leave here and fuck off to Jamaica."

Matty stood on a chair behind the bar.

"Wycliff Rideout? What is with that tone of voice."

Clayton Rideout stood up and glared at his son.

"Where did yuse git dem manners, me son? Certainly not from me or youse mudder. Now youse sit down dere and youse let dat young man speak his piece. He 'as already done more fer da Bay den anyone and I am sure 'e bes a man of 'is word."