New Beginnings

Dany knew this was what she wanted before she even turned sixteen, while one of her closest friends Missandei didn't get it or understand why Dany even wanted to go all the to Westeros for school and not stay in Essos like the rest of them.

Missandei expected they would all go away to the University of Meereen get drunk and be on their own without any parents breathing down their necks.

But Dany grew up in Essos, and just didn't want to go to college here also, she wanted to go to school in the country she was born, and to experience Westeros for herself.

She and her family were from Westeros but after her father accepted a job offer with higher pay in Valyria, her family all but packed up and moved there. She was only a few months at the time, Viserys was seven and Rhaegar was already out of the house living in Pentos with his wife and two children.

Her mother was ok with her going away, Dragonstone University was one of the top universities in Westeros, not to mention it was near the Crownlands where her family originated from.

But her father was a different story and beast, preferring she'd attend a school that didn't include a five-hour flight or so far away from her parent's home and everything she knew and was familiar with. In truth, she realized Aerys just didn't want to see her go far.

Causing Dany to expect this morning to be like any other morning since she applied to get into Dragonstone University a few months ago. Her father was still trying his best to get her to go to a school close by or at least in Essos, but this morning was different. He was being even more over-dramatic by refusing to pay for her tuition and boarding if she got accepted to that said university.

Why was he doing this? Why was he being so difficult and hard-headed? Dany wondered.

Her mother only hissed her teeth out in frustration. Telling her father that he never did the same when it came to Rhaegar or Viserys. They both went away to college. Which in fact was true, so why was he even treating her any differently?

Yet her father countered, saying both their sons went to school in Essos, even if Rhaegar went to Pentos University where he met his now-wife Elia Martell, and still lived to this day, due to loving the climate. Plus it helped that they weren't far from Dorne if they needed to visit his wife's family.

While her brother Viserys went to the school known for its wild parties, The University of Meereen, where most drunk and got high. She was surprised he even graduated with a degree in nuclear engineering, especially with how he drank and got high. But then again Vis was always great at multitasking when it came to what he set his mind to. And sure enough, her brother graduated with a Job already waiting for him in Yi Ti.

Closing her eyes taking deep breaths in and out while her father continued his ramblings needing to know why she just wouldn't consider going to the same college as Aegon or Rhaenys for that matter.

So you can have Aegon spy on me? She wanted to ask but said nothing, she would just sit there and allow him to talk, least he'd never stop.

Rhaenys she knew would never tell any of her secrets and would be the first to take her out to parties if Dany ever decided she wanted to do the same kind of work her niece was interested in. But in the end, it was her choice, and Dragontstone University was where she wanted to be.

Rhaenys was in her final year and about to graduate from the Fashion Institute of Braavos and even Aegon was about to enter his junior year at the University of Valyria where he was studying political science.

The school her nephew attended was great, but the one Rhaenys attended she didn't know why her father would even consider there, especially when he knew Dany wanted to study Industrial engineering.