[ twenty five ]

When Renjun returned home, he already felt tired from his "mission" just at the thought of it.

He walked through the door, silence heavy as he crossed through the door frame as darkness filled his hallway.

Sighing heavily, he flipped the light switch that rested near the entrance to his house, light illuminating the wooden floors that lead into his kitchen.

He briskly walked through, not making any noise as he did. In truth, he could make as much noise as he desired because it wasn't like anyone was home to complain about it.

He has been residing in his empty house for three months, his parents are back in China and they weren't planning on coming on a business trip to South Korea for a couple more months.

He had transferred to his school through the arts program, hence Nawoon's dubbing of him being an arts prodigy, and his parents had wanted to stay with him, but business would not allow it.

So instead of going through the typical host houses that most foreign exchange students went through, his parents went and bought what they called a 'vacation house' and let Renjun stay there.

Unlike Renjun, Chenle had gotten in the school in the arts program, his talent being singing, and he stayed at a host house, although at the moment he was being relocated because his original house hosts had been severely sick and could no longer support Chenle's stay there.

So now Chenle was essentially homeless, until Renjun invited him to stay until he got his relocation settled, but the younger was still out grabbing some 'essentials' for their movie night.

Renjun tossed his bag onto the marble counter of the island in the middle of his kitchen, slumping down onto one of the three stools that were beside it.

He continues to sit there, his head resting on his arms that now lay on the counter, until Chenle burst through the door, multiple black plastic bags hanging off his arms and a huge grin on his face.

"You shouldn't have given me your card," were the only words the younger had said, as if mischief had written the words themself.

Renjun wasn't planning to have Chenle buy what looks like an entire convenient store, but it was fine for the most part.

"Do you want to watch the movie first, or write the mission first?" was Renjun's question as he watched Chenle struggle to lift all of the bags onto the counter, not making a single move to help him.

He bought it all, it's his fault he didn't think of the repercussions.

"Hmmm, let's watch the movie first."

Renjun nodded as Chenle took out the items he purchased, and took a bag of chips out of the slowly growing pile.

After opening the snack and eating some of it, Chenle had finally finished unpacking the snacks and put the ones he wanted for later in their cupboard, Renjun moved to the living room couch.

Chenle followed him, arms full with snacks the younger was sure to finish off, jumping haphazardly onto the furniture.

Renjun snickered as he watched the younger smack his knee off of the armrest of the couch as he hadn't planned on landing where he did.

"It's not funny," Chenle groaned, releasing all of his snacks and gripping onto his knee in pain.

"Stop jumping on the couch and I'll stop laughing at you every time you hurt yourself because of it," Renjun retorted, jokingly hitting the younger's knee making Chenle hiss a little.

"Do you need an ice pack?" Renjun asked, ready to get back up.

Sure, he'll tease his friends, but he'll take care of them too.

"No, I'll be fine," Chenle said, straightening out his leg over the space of the couch, landing on Renjun's lap.

Renjun scowled playfully, before reaching towards the remote, turning the TV on.

"What to watch?" the older asked, looking at Chenle, who looked really comfortable.

"Doesn't matter, as long as it has a good plot," Chenle answered, now lounging with his arms behind his head, eyes almost closed despite the playful gaze he directed towards Renjun.

Renjun returned a mischievous glint before playing a movie off of his favorites list.

. . .

"Honestly, I didn't think that would be that good," Chenle said, still munching on the little bit of popcorn left in the bowl.

Renjun held a face of disbelief, a hand to his heart.

"Moomin will forever and always be great. That's what you get for doubting the quality of absolute perfect entertainment, my friend," Renjun gasped, "if I can even call you that anymore."

"Come on, Renjun, don't be like that," Chenle said, smiling brightly and on the edge of laughter.

"Who are you?" Renjun continued, feigning concern as he pretended to observe Chenle further.

That sent Chenle into a fit of laughter, the short breaths he took in making his ribs hurt, but the good kind of hurt.

Renjun followed suit, clutching onto his stomach as they both allowed themselves to laugh full-heartedly, not having done it in so long.

A big hearty laugh.

It felt really good.

They calmed down after two more fits of laughter, they made eye contact and for some reason it was hilarious.

They held onto their smiles, too much in pain from laughing for far too long to laugh anymore.

Chenle couldn't help from looking at the notebooks they had put on the coffee table.

"I think we should start," the softness of Chenle's voice almost startled the older. They both shared a look.

"Might as well."

. . . 

A/N:

ayyye another chapter!!

i'd type more of some commentary or rant, but i'm actually pretty tired, so yep

but i hope you like this chapter!!

thank you so much for reading!!!

until next time!!

started : 2020.4.7
finished : 2020.4.10