Miss Violet's 5-Second-Torture

Start from the beginning

He stayed there for a while, just watching the daily activities of the demon hunters below. Some of them guarded the gates ahead, others training nonstop in the ground and in training rooms.

He had been distracted in his thoughts when something in a color he had lately associated to someone crossed his gaze, making him look at its direction.

It turned out it was just a violet blanket that one of the laundry women was carrying.

He just noticed how Guinevere was so fond of the color, evident from her violet hair ribbon and arm gloves down to the belled-out gown she was refusing to discard no matter how shredded some of its edges were. Even her energy waves were of the same color.

He mentally scolded himself. He wouldn't be staring at every violet stuff he sees and remembering Guinevere at every single one of them, would he?

As if to test his theory, he caught sight of the color at the Monastery's main entrance a few minutes later, and his eyes just did a double take.

It was Guinevere, along with Rafaela. She seemed to be saying goodbye to her. Ahead them, right next to the white carriage painted with golden brown in a symbol of the letter B embedded by a long, slender sword, were Alucard, Granger and Lancelot, talking with a serious look on their faces.

After their conversation, Rafaela went back inside and Guinevere went to join the men, looking around in the process.

Lancelot went first inside the carriage, giving Guinevere time to thank the men. Guinevere gave Granger a hug that he clearly didn't expect, considering the surprised look in his face as he gave the Lady's back a light tap.

She pulled away and looked around before hesitantly heading to the carriage, where she disappeared from Gusion's sight.

The carriage pulled away, the black and white horses galloping as fast as their hooves could make.

"So you're just here." Rafaela's voice startled him as he turned to the door where she was hovering. She was staring at him with a slight frown on her forehead.

"What do you mean?" He feigned ignorance as he stared at the woods where the carriage disappeared.

"We'll surely miss her." She said, joining him in leaning against the railings and staring at where their carriage had gone.

"Right." Gusion agreed.

He could have said goodbye. But since last night, she had been making him feel things he could not explain, and he was afraid to face her. He was afraid he might become foolish enough to ask her to stay, just as his foolishness made him even dared to...

"I thought...that after the days you've spent together...that you might have grown a bond."

"We did...just as you did with her. Just as she did with Granger. And Alucard."

Rafaela smiled, her eyes staring at him interrogatively. "You know what I'm trying to say, Gusion."

He shrugged. "She's a good comrade in battle. But a lady should be kept safe inside her home."

"You know she's not just any lady, Gusion."

"Well, we all know that our stay here had always been temporary. This was expected, Rafaela." He headed to the door, leaving Rafaela.

"Gusion." She called.

"I have more important things to do, Rafaela." He said in a bored tone, expecting Rafaela was just being nosy again.

"Gusion!" Rafaela snapped, more urgently, making him turn to her.

Her face was horrified with the sight below that he quickly ran next to her and looked down.