Chapter 10

"Fucking hell!" Jin cursed as he watched him storm outside, slamming the door behind him. He ran a hand down his face taking deep breaths.

Maybe he was overworking a little but what Taehyung didn't know was that he actually wasn't at work today, he was with yoongi at the police station. More information surfaced on his uncle and he was hanging out with someone else. They were questioning the people who saw them and trying to collect clues that could lead them to their place. Seokjin didn't want Taehyung to stress about these information, he'd been keeping all news of his uncle away, not wanting to upset him.

'I should've just told him..' he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He was upset at himself, he said some things he didn't mean and he couldn't forget the utter heartbreak he saw in Taehyung's eyes. He felt a pang in his heart, he was the one responsible for this.

'What have I done..' He clenched his fists, berating himself. He promised to always be there for him and to keep him happy, but there he was losing himself to his work, he wondered when did he stray so much from what was really important.

He paced the room nervously, thinking about what to do. He supposed maybe some time at Jimin's would be good for him to calm down and decided to just go take him tomorrow and apologize properly.

He got his phone and texted Jimin, he lived close to them so Taehyung has probably reached him already.

Me : Jimin is Taehyung with you?

A few minutes passed but he didn't reply. 'Maybe they're still talking..' he sent another text and waited for a few more minutes, but Jimin still didn't reply.

'Is he ignoring me? Probably mad at me too.' His lips thinned. He pressed on call, he just wanted to check that his mate was fine, he was already guilty enough to be the cause of his distress.

Jimin answered on the fourth ring, his groggy voice coming on "Hello?"

"Jimin hey.."

"Jin hyung? Why are you calling me so late?"

"You know why, is Taehyung ok? I know you're mad at me but I just want to check on him."

"Huh? Why would I be mad at you.. and isn't Taehyung with you? How would I know."

Seokjin's heart caught in his throat, panic spreading through his body like wildfire.

"Jimin Taehyung was on his way to you!" He sprang to his feet in alarm, almost 15 minutes had passed which was ample time for Taehyung to have reached him.

"He didn't come hyung, I was sleeping."

"Shit shit shit." he put on his shoes hastily, throwing open the door and going to his car. "Then where the fuck did he go!!"

"Hyung did you try calling him? Maybe ask our other friends.. I don't understand." Jimin's voice was laced in confusion.

"He left his phone at home! We had a fight and he said he was going to you." He started the car "I'm gonna look for him."

"Shit okay hyung, how long ago was that?"

"About 15 minutes ago." He drove around the neighborhood, looking for anything but it was completely empty.

"He should've been here already..." Jimin whispered. He swallowed the lump in his throat. He couldn't find him anywhere.

"Yeah. I gotta go." With shaking hands he ended the call and called Yoongi, his heart almost beating out of his rib cage. His body trembled as he feared that what he was most afraid of happened.

"Yoongi, help me. They took him, I'm sure of it."

—————

Taehyung's head was throbbing, his eyes felt like lead and he couldn't open them no matter how hard he tried, he wanted to surrender to sleep once more but something on the back of his mind was nagging at him, telling him to wake up.