Chapter 9: Love Lies

Start from the beginning

Jaesang, however, patted him on the back nonchalantly and bit his bottom lip. He rolled his tongue on the inner side of his right cheek as he headed his way to the stand and muttered. "The moment I laid my eyes on her, I began to like her personality and how fierce she was after I gave her the tickets to my concert back when I was a soloist. She inspired me to keep making music and helped me reconcile with my group members. She will always be here because she will surely never be forgotten." He said as he placed his palm on the left side of his chest. He looked at the casket with a frown and went beside Taehyung, who kept his focus on the floor.

Everyone clapped their hands in a moderate manner as soon as the applause had subsided, whereas the host looked at the trio and announced.

"You can now proceed to the center stage to say a few words of your dear friend, Miss Valerie."

Ava nodded as she gracefully walked up quietly. She wiped her tears with a tissue and sniffed before she regained her posture. "Throughout my whole life, I always watched other people lose other people and I'd never would've thought of losing someone so close to you... Valerie and I were very good friends. Although, there were times that we squabble and roast each other, even go out for drinks just to make up. I was a former student nurse whenever I vented my problems to her. I wanted to switch my major course into the fashion business, and so I did. She told me that I should apply into a career that I'm interested in, not because of following somebody's idea and that I should be true to myself. Yeah... She helped me so much with the application process and the interviews that I was struggling with. I'm thankful that she pushed me to succeed in my dream job and I wish I could've said all of this to her if she was here."

"She's not just a friend to me. She was a loving sister that I never had and I would want it more than anything. Val, I just want to say I love you and I'll miss you, even if you're not physically here. You will always remain alive..." Sally said weakly until her voice shook as soon as she sobbed with tears streaking down her face.

Bryan stared at the girls comforting themselves and sauntered over to the microphone stand. "I would like to thank all of my friends and families, who have come here today because she is happy that you guys are here to see her and I didn't know that last year was going to be the last call with her. Once again, thank you to the people who prepared this memorial event. I couldn't do this without you. These couple of weeks have been very tough for me since I was invariably searching for her and now... I did. I'll miss you, Val..." His shaky breath had him stagger his hands that were clutching tightly onto the papers and bowed his head in gratitude. He waved his hands as he followed Ava and Sally down the staircase and sat on the chairs.

The host approached the podium and made a closing speech. Morning was like the first new day for them once the priest and the deacons made a sign of the cross and prayed for Valerie in a few minutes. They blessed the closed casket with a sprinkle of holy water till it is buried beneath the ground.

After a while, the people tossed the flowers on top of the casket, whereas the others had left souvenirs and notes, then began to leave solemnly.

"We'll see you soon, okay? Take care," Min-Jun said placidly and kissed his girlfriend.

"You too," Sally noted gloomily and hugged him for a couple of seconds. Then, she watched him rejoin with the rest of the members, who went inside their private cars and parted their ways.

On the contraire, Bryan and the others stayed as they gazed at the burial of their friend. Ava laid her head against his shoulder and wiped her nose from sobbing.

"We're going to be okay. We're going to be okay..." he reassured them until his tears were swelling up in his eyes, including his trembling lips. A sense of hopelessness was all he could ever feel in which he only knew is inescapable.