S T E P D A U G H T E R

V A N E S S A

"You better call me when you land, okay?" I smile and kiss Faust softly as he grabs his suitcase by the front door.

"Of course my love, I just wish I could bring you along." He kisses my hand causing me to blush.

"You'll be fine, it's a short business trip anyway,"

"Yes but you can make it entertaining." He smirks and kisses me deeply.

"You better go before you're late." I pull my lips from him and lightly giggle. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kisses my forehead before heading out the front door and into the back of the black limo that Chauncey drives for him. I smile and bite my lips as I shut the door before retying my silk robe and heading to the kitchen to make cinnamon rolls for myself.

I turn the LED lights to a light purple and play some music. I start humming along with the beat as I heat up the oven and crack open the dough can from the fridge.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Coming," I turn down the music and make sure my robe isn't showing anything off, "yes...Jackson? H-how did you find me?" My heart stops as the tall blonde haired man with a trimmed beard stands before me. He looks as though he hasn't slept in days, yet his clothes are clean and his scent is a wave of mint.

"Can we talk?" He asks, he holds a manilla folder in his hands as his brown eyes look into mine.

"No, I told you that I never wanted to see or hear from you ever again."

"I know, but please I need you," he grabs my shaken hand and I yank it back.

"You said you respected my decision to never contact me again. So please leave-"

"Your mother lied to us." His words are cold and blunt. He pushes the folder into my hands and looks at me intensely, the whites of his eyes are red, he must've been crying. "You're not my daughter, can we talk now please?" The words leave him and strike me with the sadness that he put into them. My eyes sting and I move to let him inside...

*
*

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

*
*

Hello my Stygian Readers.
I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who has gotten this book to hit in the millions for reads!
Next, I want to address that I have started to rewrite this book, but I am not far enough into it to publish any chapters, I'm sorry.
Also, I am working on a story that I wrote when I was thirteen years old that should be coming out very soon so be on the lookout for that.
I took down the other stories because I wasn't happy with them and I also didn't take time to update them or write for them so there was no point for them to sit there for months with no updates.
However, they will be back up once I complete them.
And lastly, Jackson will be a character that is brought up in the newly edited story of StepFather, so you're gonna want to hold onto your wigs and horns for that storyline.
Anyway, rock on, and kiss Satan's handsome face.
Byeeeee.

*
*

S T O R M

*
*